• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers and the Copper Age.

6 posts in this topic

Well, I guess the hiatus is over. Found Transformers 1,2, and 3 still in the polybag from 1984. Got it off of ebay for $20. I'm curious to see if any spine roll has occurred. Also, when the books get to me, would you remove them from the ploybag and B and B them, our would you put a backing board to the back of the polybag. I'm pretty sure I'll remove them and B and B them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have seen a lot of books that came out of bagged sets and in some cases they were nicer then those found bagged and boarded. The biggest risk is either a slight spine roll or edge wear from the books sliding around in the bag.

I think that it depends on why you have them. If you have them because you want high grade copies of those books, then take them out and B&B them. However, if you collect all things Transformers, then the polybagged set makes a nice addition to the collection.

I collect GI Joe. I have dozens of books that are in B&B, and I have a few that are three packs. I keep the three packs the way they are because it is a different aspect of my collection.

Just my .02