• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arch has spoken!

210 posts in this topic

1 - Clearly CGC runs things

2 - The people I send my pms to don't read them why would CGC

3 - This is the best message board I have ever posted on and lets keep it that way

4 - Are wrist slap disruptions considered BDSM disruption ?

:)

I started rubbing my eyes a minute ago. Did something get the hook or am I seeing things?

Yeah...there's been a few posts and posted PMs removed. lol

It was faster than Sharon Stone in The Quick and the Dead. lol

When Prodigy was around and AOL was taking off, they would flag and delete any email which mentioned AOL. People didn't even know it was happening.

Hope it doesn't come to that.

It won't but it is gonna be awesome watching the conspiracy theorists at work.

And can only help with the post counts! :whee:

Custom title :applause:

Finally it has happened to me

Right in front of my face

My feelin's can't describe it

And I just cannot hide it

Now this thread hit a new level. :banana:

edit - now caught up, see most of that was covered. One thing I will add, choosing to do so by request is their company's policy. The software would certainly allow you to do as you please.

The community tools CCG has built are pretty cool, and mutually valuable for the company and for the users - and we're pretty proud of that. And we do actually allow quite alot of latitude for open expression - balanced criticism of CCG, moderation, and lots of other topics (and frankly we even allow some amount of unbalanced criticism in the spirit of preventing a chilling effect on community expression).

Given that people are not allowed to argue moderation actions anyway, why not get rid of the generic mod accounts, and let people have mod privileges on their regular accounts (like every other major/significant corporate board).

Anonymous moderation does not benefit the community in anyway, and has a very negative effect imo. Strong automatic strikes for harassing mods about decisions would prevent any down side to visible moderator names.

Given that there is no way to escalate disputed moderation actions (also terrible for the community), what's the need for anonymous moderators.

When Prodigy was around and AOL was taking off, they would flag and delete any email which mentioned AOL. People didn't even know it was happening.

:applause: Branget on CT

Yeah baby! :banana:

Which convention is next for you?

3 - This is the best message board I have ever posted on and lets keep it that way

+1

I get that there are some issues, but this is the best boards I've posted on.

I love this board, the people are what make it so amazing. Just wish the parent company was more transparent on the boards and with their services.

When Prodigy was around and AOL was taking off, they would flag and delete any email which mentioned AOL.

And it worked exactly as planned.

I've never even heard of Prodigy.

Exactly.

Going to try for NC Comicon in November (Durham, NC)

Going to try for NC Comicon in November (Durham, NC)

I was considering that one as well. Staples at a small convention. :)

When Prodigy was around and AOL was taking off, they would flag and delete any email which mentioned AOL.

And it worked exactly as planned.

I've never even heard of Prodigy.

Prodigy was the "cool" ISP - AOL was the family-friendly alternative that was super popular. If I recall, it was the same price as Prodigy ($30 a month for 300 hours), but there was something about their marketing that was geared towards people who felt they were more "internet savvy".

Custom title :applause:

My feelin's can't describe it

And I just cannot hide it

Now this thread hit a new level. :banana:

Personally, for me? I hope I never get a custom title. They smack of inbreeding.