• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-mariner Art

11 posts in this topic

Please help me identifying the illustrator and any comic book it might have been published in. I believe the large panel is of Tha-korr (his grandfather after being attacked and transformed be the aqueos (vampires). Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached directly at comicbaron@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance! Best, Brewer

DSCF2252_zpsb8c9f528.jpg

DSCF2250_zps4015f3dc.jpg

DSCF2251_zps98c33a9b.jpg

DSCF2249_zps4f5e39e7.jpg

mmm I don't think its an early enough vintage to be RBCC. I don't remember a villain with that kind of theme or namor being shown with an earring until later. I'd personally guess that's a piece from circa 1990 or later. There's probably a clue there somewhere in the odd size of the margins, but I'm not smart enough to know what.

I don't think this page was ever published. any pages published by marvel or dc would have been on standard paper from them. if from a pro artist. the fact this page was drawn out on paper. noted with the address on the top left page. and break down of poses on the margins. it clear to me that this was a try out page to be sent to marvel in the 80.s or early 90.s as for it being art for a fanzine, it look too big. most early fanzine art were print size of publication to make it easy for the printer, just my thoughts on this. ;]

larry.

mmm I don't think its an early enough vintage to be RBCC. I don't remember a villain with that kind of theme or namor being shown with an earring until later. I'd personally guess that's a piece from circa 1990 or later. There's probably a clue there somewhere in the odd size of the margins, but I'm not smart enough to know what.

I agree regarding the villain, tough to find anything with this theme. Subby received an ear ring in #55 but it wasn't this style. You are correct that he has a similar style ear ring in the 1990's run, #38. Thanks for the response!

I don't think this page was ever published. any pages published by marvel or dc would have been on standard paper from them. if from a pro artist. the fact this page was drawn out on paper. noted with the address on the top left page. and break down of poses on the margins. it clear to me that this was a try out page to be sent to marvel in the 80.s or early 90.s as for it being art for a fanzine, it look too big. most early fanzine art were print size of publication to make it easy for the printer, just my thoughts on this. ;]

larry.

I appreciate the input, I'm starting to believe that it probably wasn't published either but holding out hope that we can at least identify the artist or inker. I have research the address which is in Staten Island, NY and cross reference previous owners at this address with the comic community but no luck. The owner I acquired it from stated that it was originally purchased at an auction by an individual in NY. This individual then moved to NC and sold it to my seller in what is to believe the 1990's.