• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you want out of a Podcast?

28 posts in this topic

I have to say that I'm pretty tired of these hour long podcast reviews and commentaries. I'd actually be more apt to watch something under 20 minutes. It's not like there are commercial breaks or anything. Pick 2 or 3 current titles or something relevant to rumored movies, and discuss.

Post in the description which comics you're discussing. It will help people decide if it is a podcast they will be interested in. Several short podcasts would once again be better so the listener doesn't have to search through 60 minutes of podcast to find the 2 minutes that they feel are relevant to their interests.

I sat through that whole hour long pilot podcast and despite my hopes, there wasn't a single mention of Marvel's best superhero ever; Woodgod. :kidaround:

Very disappointed.

-Terry

Are you a kav shill? lol

I have to say that I'm pretty tired of these hour long podcast reviews and commentaries. I'd actually be more apt to watch something under 20 minutes. It's not like there are commercial breaks or anything. Pick 2 or 3 current titles or something relevant to rumored movies, and discuss.

Post in the description which comics you're discussing. It will help people decide if it is a podcast they will be interested in. Several short podcasts would once again be better so the listener doesn't have to search through 60 minutes of podcast to find the 2 minutes that they feel are relevant to their interests.

I sat through that whole hour long pilot podcast and despite my hopes, there wasn't a single mention of Marvel's best superhero ever; Woodgod. :kidaround:

Very disappointed.

-Terry

Thats why I ask for feedback so we know that Woodgod needs more airtime.

As far as length, we heard some that are 2hours + which are way too long, and 20 minutes isn't enough. Most podcasts deal with nothing but new releases. We wanted to do something different, One current issue, one older issue/series and shows and movies. It's kind of all encompassing. If did nothing but reviewed what came out this week, that wouldnt differentiate us, nor would it be fun. I dont want to read every single new title on a weekly basis.

We touch upon rumors when relevant.

Thanks for the feedback, We'll consider Woodgod.....maybe.......if he comes up organically.......or if kav comes on as a guest

I know you've only done 1 podcast, but you'll need to start numbering them or putting the date in the title, to eliminate confusion. And to make it easier for people to say "You're reading Capt. boobity?! You should check out 'MAD about comics Ep 3' on U-tubz".

On an upward note, I liked it more toward the end where you were both discussing the casting for the role of Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman. You (Your wife primarily) sounded very passionate about the studio's poor choice, and making alternate suggestions and the whys and wherefores they chose poorly. It just felt like it took the whole podcast to get up to that tempo.

I also like how you throw up slides relevant to what you are talking about. I liked that, even though podcasts are like radio (you don't Watch the radio when you listen to it, right?!?) But when you mention something that I go "HUH?!?" and glance over at the computer, there's a pic of what you're talking about and then I go "Oh." and can go back to what I was doing.

Anyhow, excellent first job. I hope you mention Woodgod more often, as I have heavily invested in back issues at Kav's behest. (Please don't tell me he was only joking. I've forgone paying the electricity bill this month in order to pick up back issues).

-Terry