• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Trading Thread " feedback

24 posts in this topic

Hard to say since a majority of the people who reserved a space never posted any books for trade. The funny part is that some of the ones that havent posted anything are the same ones that were nudging you to create it! lol

meh

It's been a busy week and Boston Comic Con is this weekend. :baiting:

Personally, I'm glad it's there and I'll get around to updating my "Reserved" spot - but it's not going to be an overnight trading free for all - just a spot for these type of deals to develop with time. :)

I deleted my spot in the thread. My collection is so thinned down at this point I realized I don't really have much worth trading and there's no point to setup the post. It's a nice setup though and I might jump back into it later if I find myself looking to try and trade off anything I have or pick up down the road.

SUGGESTION

The biggest issue I've had is wanting to see when new books have been added, but it's difficult unless you re-read the entire list.

How about whenever someone adds a book they add to the top of their post in red print

Book(s) Added [insert date]

SUGGESTION

The biggest issue I've had is wanting to see when new books have been added, but it's difficult unless you re-read the entire list.

How about whenever someone adds a book they add to the top of their post in red print

This has been my thought as well. It's time-consuming to go through every page of the thread and still see the same reserved spots or know if someone has added new books to their list.

It was really great that you tried, and the effort has been appreciated, by me, at least.

There simply isn't anything that appeals to me to engage it, and most "booths" are empty.

I'd say "thanks for trying" and let it go.

PIF is still going, the Giving Tree, is still 'giving' - in many, many ways, so maybe trades should stay in the 'WTT/WTB' area.

Not that they work there either.

But again, thanks for at least doing the work, and giving it a shot. It was very nice of you to do so.

(thumbs u

SUGGESTION

Or, they could delete their original post. Then repost it. (Then they would only have 1 post in the thread.)

The new post would show up at the end of the thread and would be a new post. Bumping the thread, and alerting people of a "new" post.

Not many people will go through and read the entire thread in the future if it becomes 40+ pages long.

SUGGESTION

Or, they could delete their original post. Then repost it. (Then they would only have 1 post in the thread.)

The new post would show up at the end of the thread and would be a new post. Bumping the thread, and alerting people of a "new" post.

Not many people will go through and read the entire thread in the future if it becomes 40+ pages long.

That's a good idea.

Shadow, what I was thinking is that by deleting previous booths, the posts are continuously moved from one page to the other.

In the VCC, I enjoyed to know my booth was on page five, so each time I needed to access it, it was quicker for me to find. If the thread gets bigger, it could be handy to leave your both on (maybe just placing a "momentary closed" on it if you aren’t currently trading) to have them always in the same position. My 2¥ (yes, I am feeling japanese today). lol

Shadow, what I was thinking is that by deleting previous booths, the posts are continuously moved from one page to the other.

In the VCC, I enjoyed to know my booth was on page five, so each time I needed to access it, it was quicker for me to find. If the thread gets bigger, it could be handy to leave your both on (maybe just placing a "momentary closed" on it if you aren’t currently trading) to have them always in the same position. My 2¥ (yes, I am feeling japanese today). lol

To be honest with you I don't know if I think the thread is going to work anyway. I will give it a month and ask each week for updates. If people aren't seeing a need by the end of the month, I'll let it die.

I just did not have the time to set up trade offers, but why do you think to shut it down? If people keep occasionally update their booths, in the long term it will more or less take care of itself. hm

I'm not going to shut it down I will just not worry about bumping it daily if it is not helpful.

SUGGESTION

That's a good idea.

That's a Great idea! :whistle: