• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- February 7-8, 2015

96 posts in this topic

Yeah I most likely will come to it. I can't make it up the road to Tulsa this weekend and saw you couldn't make it either.

Will you and your brother be set up at Fan Days?

Yes, we will be set up at Fan Days and the May show too. If I hadn't been traveling so much (four of the past five weekends, plus next weekend too) we may have made the drive to Tulsa, but I just needed a break. Next year I'll be coming from Kansas, so Tulsa will be a much shorter drive if that show looks to be worthwhile.

Yeah I most likely will come to it. I can't make it up the road to Tulsa this weekend and saw you couldn't make it either.

Will you and your brother be set up at Fan Days?

Yes, we will be set up at Fan Days and the May show too. If I hadn't been traveling so much (four of the past five weekends, plus next weekend too) we may have made the drive to Tulsa, but I just needed a break. Next year I'll be coming from Kansas, so Tulsa will be a much shorter drive if that show looks to be worthwhile.

Cool (thumbs u

Considering they brought Amell and Barrowman way too fast, and that they have been bringing a lot of repeats, I wouldnt rule it out.

When were they last in Dallas? It would have been at least May, if not February, so while they are repeats it has been a show or two. But you're right, it is pretty quick to have them back.

Barrowman was here in Fan Days 2013 so yeah not that bad, but Amell was here in SciFi Expo 2014 and they said it was too hard to get him and they wouldn't bring him that fast.

Funny thing is, in the past if you requested guests that were there 2 or 3 years ago they would be like "Where were you when we had them?" Now with Fan Expo on their brains they are bringing a lot of repeats...

Sad to see Mark is not getting the opportunity to bring comic artists. He indeed brings rare names, but like 10-12, not a lot of artists like in the past. Maybe May will get more since they won't be going against other shows that weekend.

Maybe May will get more since they won't be going against other shows that weekend.

That's my hope as well. In the past there were always at least two other major shows (Motor City and Big Wow) that same weekend so comic talent was understandably more thin. Now we will get to see how committed they are to making May into a major league comic show.

5 comic names were added out of nowhere to the website:

Mitch Breitweiser

Joseph Michael Leisner

Elizabeth Breitweiser

Kristina Deak

Ben Dunn

The Breitweiser's I love this addition and always love seeing those two. Honestly cannot get enough of Mitch's water color art. I do agree they have brought back a name or two again but am stilling looking forward to coming up to this show.