• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- February 7-8, 2015

96 posts in this topic

I hope there will be a better balance of celebrities to artist at this show. Last years Sci-Fi expo had a good mix, but with Fan days being heavily weighted with celebrities I am a little concerned that this will be a new trend. I hope it's not.

Many of these shows have a bit more emphasis on the celebrities. I, too, am hoping to see a few more artists at the February show, but it may be that we wait until the larger and more comic focused May show to see that. We'll just have to see how this list starts to develop in November and December or so.

Is there ever an opportunity to learn the ropes of facilitating a show like this? Perhaps working with the facilitators as a runner, getting the sigs or picking up the books from the artists?

If possible, I would be very interested in shows like this close to home, including the Dallas Con in May 2015.

Any advice/help is appreciated :grin:

This show is now being called Dallas Fan Days.

First guests announced: Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Melissa McBride, Katie Cassidy, and Colin Baker.

Classy Move on their part since Colin Baker had already been announced as a Guest For WhoFest 2 in Dallas on April 24-26 2015. A few months ago, Classy Move guys. Big Corporation steps on Fan run convention again.

Bobb

First guests announced: Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Melissa McBride, Katie Cassidy, and Colin Baker.

Classy Move on their part since Colin Baker had already been announced as a Guest For WhoFest 2 in Dallas on April 24-26 2015. A few months ago, Classy Move guys. Big Corporation steps on Fan run convention again.

Bobb

What're they supposed to do, refuse to book talent who would like to do their show because they'll be appearing at another area event three months later? WhoFest might consider some promotion too, I never knew there was a WhoFest 1, let alone a 2 coming up.

Edit: I just checked the WhoFest 2 website, $60 for weekend admission to a three guest hotel show seems a bit steep. :eek: What do you get for that $60?

Classy Move on their part since Colin Baker had already been announced as a Guest For WhoFest 2 in Dallas on April 24-26 2015. A few months ago, Classy Move guys. Big Corporation steps on *Bobb in Irving* run convention again.

Bobb

I could see his angst if this was the weekend before, but its a considerable amount of time. You can't get mad that another group is giving fans what the fans want....... And the rabid who fans will just find something else they want to get signed the next time. Relax.

Classy Move on their part since Colin Baker had already been announced as a Guest For WhoFest 2 in Dallas on April 24-26 2015. A few months ago, Classy Move guys. Big Corporation steps on *Bobb in Irving* run convention again.

Bobb

I could see his angst if this was the weekend before, but its a considerable amount of time. You can't get mad that another group is giving fans what the fans want....... And the rabid who fans will just find something else they want to get signed the next time. Relax.

^^