• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE IS CLOSED- 202 CGC-graded books for sale (list in the 2nd post)

149 posts in this topic

I'm sorry you are disappointed. I paid your full asking price. (shrug)

I really don't understand how it's not cool for me to try to sell this? Is it because I'm asking too much money or because I'm selling too soon or because I am selling it at all? What would be the appropriate price for me to sell it at? When would be the appropriate time for me to sell it? Should I never ever sell it?

If it means anything to you, I love the book, too. :)

The fact that it is a couple months later at 100% mark up. I searched for that book in that condition for many years and I didn't want to sell it. Was very frustrating to see.

Was hoping to sell it to someone who would appreciate it for a bit instead of sell it a couple months later for twice the price.

I really don't understand how it's not cool for me to try to sell this? Is it because I'm asking too much money or because I'm selling too soon or because I am selling it at all? What would be the appropriate price for me to sell it at? When would be the appropriate time for me to sell it? Should I never ever sell it?

The fact that it is a couple months later at 100% mark up. I searched for that book in that condition for many years and I didn't want to sell it. Was very frustrating to see.

Was hoping to sell it to someone who would appreciate it for a bit instead of sell it a couple months later for twice the price.

I have appreciated owning this book a lot, and I thank you for that. I'm sorry that you were in a position where you felt you had to sell it. :foryou:

The price that it is listed at is my asking price. If someone makes me a lower offer, I will certainly consider it. (thumbs u

It's his book, and he can offer it for whatever price he likes. To suggest otherwise is very bad form.

Unless Andy begged you to sell it to him and gave you wildly_fanciful_statement lines like " It's for my personal collection or I need it to complete a run, he can do as he pleases. The fact that he paid your asking dictates he can deslab it and wipe his rear end with it should he choose to. To mention this in his sales thread is such bad form, if you feel so strongly about it, use the pm function next time

It's his book, and he can offer it for whatever price he likes.

Thats certainly true.

Just for some context here- I am a young guy, 28. I knew I left some money on the table selling it, but $1500 is a lot of money for me and if I left that much its stings a little. But there is a valuable public lesson here for me.

Live and learn I guess. I apologize to Andy for being rude in his sales thread- but frankly I hope he keeps it in his collection for awhile. He has a great taste in books.

:foryou:

Thats certainly true.

Just for some context here- I am a young guy, 28. I knew I left some money on the table selling it, but $1500 is a lot of money for me and if I left that much its stings a little. But there is a valuable public lesson here for me.

Live and learn I guess. I apologize to Andy for being rude in his sales thread- but frankly I hope he keeps it in his collection for awhile. He has a great taste in books.

should of done some research before selling then I guess?

Thats certainly true.

Hey Nick, it's all okay. :foryou:

Honestly, it's one of my favourite books, and that is one of the reasons why I've priced it as high as I did.

I'm not sure how long it will be in my possession, but I can assure you that the next person that owns it will also appreciate it's beauty. (thumbs u

Scan_Pic0507_zpsbe946a8f.jpg

If I had one I'd sell my first born for that one. Some day

Talk about bad form, you'd sell your 1st born for $5K? ??? Let's hope you don't father children! :baiting: We're not talking about a litter of dogs here, are we? doh! Then again, maybe I shouldn't be giving you any ideas. :devil:

Thats certainly true.

We've all left money on the table at one time or another.