• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Ghost Rider (Western) #2 - sharp Dick Ayers cover

21 posts in this topic

My first thought was 7.0 due to the creases and wear on the spine. But it does have sharp corners, so maybe 7.5/8.0. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BTW cool cover. I always liked the original Ghost Rider. Too bad western comics aren't appreciated. frown.gif

You guys are being a little harsh on two tiny spine creases and just the hint of a vertical crease! 893whatthe.gif This is from 1967 fergawdssake, and it looks nicer than most of the ultimate whatevers on the rack!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

p.s. yeah - it's a tough lookin' cover, ain't it?!

My first thought was 7.0 due to the creases and wear on the spine. But it does have sharp corners, so maybe 7.5/8.0. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BTW cool cover. I always liked the original Ghost Rider. Too bad western comics aren't appreciated. frown.gif

hi david - i agree with NR on this one - 7.5 - 8.0.

interesting that with the overwrap of the front cover to back, you can now see 3 or 4 spine nicks that would go unnoticed on a typical BC white spine.

and what's with you and all this dist ink of late??

i, too, am a big western GR fan thumbsup2.gif

My initial thought was to go 8.5 until I saw the amount of damage along the lower 3rd of the spine, so I'll go 8.0 because the corners are so nice which is unusual considering the amount of wear along the spine. Easy 8.5 without that veritcal "creasing" along the spine.

My initial thought was to go 8.5 until I saw the amount of damage along the lower 3rd of the spine, so I'll go 8.0 because the corners are so nice which is unusual considering the amount of wear along the spine. Easy 8.5 without that veritcal "creasing" along the spine.

I was thinking it was cover wear, but I agree a solid 8. Without a grading contest hopefully I'm not getting rusty.

Bill