• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for the following:

21 posts in this topic

Im looking for your average comics grading from all the different levels that ones would be graded. But I want em cheap so if you don't have any cheap don't worry about it. Im only 15 years old so I can't afford too much. Please PM me if you have anything you can sell me. smile.gif Please note: I want these only graded by a grading service, that's the reason I want them, so I can make my grading skills better and say I own CGC graded comics.

Im looking for good story reprints of EC comic books that are in the best of condition ATLEAST.

Im also looking for original EC comics, graded or not, mostly low-grade but if the price is right. I also do not mind if there restored but would like pics and an acurate description of the restoration.

Thanks in advance. grin.gif

Im looking for good story reprints of EC comic books that are in the best of condition ATLEAST.

If you PM, I will be glad to send you some of these--I have a bunch of duplicates.

Thanks. smile.gif

15 years old and he likes Bill Gaines stuff. Go Figure. I think we should have the Senate look into this. It's brainwashing, yes, BRAINWASHING of Americas youth.....................

It'd be cheaper to buy a used copy of the Overstreet grading guide on amazon, if that's what you're interested in.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have to agree with this. The biggest problem with buying slabbed books to "hone" your grading skills is that you may be unaware as to what defects lowered the grade by how much. Example: I had a killer GI Combat 45 (2nd DC issue) that looked like a SOLID 9.0-9.2. It had a VERY small (1/4 inch circular) stain on the back cover. CGC graded it a 7.0. It is the sweetest looking 7.0 you will ever see, but it is not indicative of a AVERAGE 7.0. You see where I am going with this? Some defects effect the grades drastically!

Buy the grading guide, study it, post some books you have (maybe your cool EC's?) to the grading forum and ask for opinions. That's a whole lot cheaper than buying 30 slabbed comics. hi.gif

15 years old and he likes Bill Gaines stuff.

I'd prefer to see a birth certificate myself. I once gave some stuff to a "poor 12 year old kid" only to find out it was an adult who was reselling it.

I understand how you feel, i've done this myself, giving coins to "kids" my age, cheap stuff, but still, I later found them on Ebay. I guess if you ever want to give me anything you'll just have to trust in me. But don't worry I don't ask for anything. wink.gif Im just interested in buying. And yes I do have money. smile.gif

I'd prefer to see a birth certificate myself. I once gave some stuff to a "poor 12 year old kid" only to find out it was an adult who was reselling it.

I understand how you feel, i've done this myself, giving coins to "kids" my age, cheap stuff, but still, I later found them on Ebay. I guess if you ever want to give me anything you'll just have to trust in me. But don't worry I don't ask for anything. wink.gif Im just interested in buying. And yes I do have money. smile.gif

You gave coins to kids your age, only to find them later on Ebay? Sorry, but my spider senses are really going off the charts, not just with this, but the whole story. confused-smiley-013.gif

You gave coins to kids your age, only to find them later on Ebay? Sorry, but my spider senses are really going off the charts, not just with this, but the whole story. confused-smiley-013.gif

The guy said he has money and he's interested in buying. He hasn't asked for charity, he just said that he can't afford too much because he's 15. Quit riding him.

Coinguy: If you want to learn how to grade, I also suggest buying the OS grading guide. It's cheap, and a great tool for beginners as well as the more experienced among us.

The guy said he has money and he's interested in buying. He hasn't asked for charity, he just said that he can't afford too much because he's 15. Quit riding him.

Coinguy: If you want to learn how to grade, I also suggest buying the OS grading guide. It's cheap, and a great tool for beginners as well as the more experienced among us.

I'm not the guy who accused of him pretending to be a 15 year old in order to get free stuff through the mail. I just have a hard time believing the whole story. yeahok.gif I'm too cynical.

I'm not the guy who accused of him pretending to be a 15 year old in order to get free stuff through the mail. I just have a hard time believing the whole story. yeahok.gif I'm too cynical.

Don't sweat it. Believe me or not, no biggie.

Edited to add: If you still don't believe im 15, it might be a smart idea to check me out on the PCGS forums and ask some forum members there. Im sure many of them will tell you about me and that they've done great business with me. smile.gif

CaptainsOfIndustry, my uncle let me borrow his when we went to his house for Christmas exchange, who know's how long i'll get to keep it. It's the one with the cover of Uncanny X-men #1 redone by Alex Ross, I believe. I have the poster in my basement too. Im reading about the grading, but it seems they have no pics.

That's not the grading guide, that's the Overstreet price guide which has a brief explanation of the grades and what they mean. The Overstreet grading guide is another book on grading only, with high resolution color pictures for each grade, from poor to Mint 10.0. The defects in each picture are clearly highlighted and described in detail.

That's not the grading guide, that's the Overstreet price guide which has a brief explanation of the grades and what they mean. The Overstreet grading guide is another book on grading only, with high resolution color pictures for each grade, from poor to Mint 10.0. The defects in each picture are clearly highlighted and described in detail.

Link to Grading Guide on Amazon

Grading Guide is essential. thumbsup2.gif