• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old label spidey

11 posts in this topic

I have a 7.5 old label spidey #28 . I am looking to upgrade to an 8.0 . I will post a pic later but is it worth it to try to upgrade it to an 8.0 . It has a few creases that break the color along the spine which are more noticeable because of its black cover. Should I press it. Were old label graded more harshly than present. Any thoughts on this???

Unless you know what you're doing. Don't risk it. There's old labels that are over graded too. A lot of people on these boards use the phrase "old label goodness" and it's just bs. There's over, under, and spot on grading throughout CGCs existence.

No idea if a press would result in an upgrade, especially with the photos. However, a press won't get rid of spine creases that break color.

I would just buy an 8.0 that you like better and sell this one.

No idea if a press would result in an upgrade, especially with the photos. However, a press won't get rid of spine creases that break color.

I would just buy an 8.0 that you like better and sell this one.

We really can't judge from this quality photo but we can guess.

Pressing won't remove colour breaking stress lines and there seem to be a lot of them, so I would guess that an upgrade to an 8.0 is not likely. (shrug)

I might also suggest selling and seeking an already graded 8.0 -- if you want a book of that quality.

If you like the way this book looks --- and it is a good looking book -- keep it and don't worry about the label.

is it really THAT important to upgrade by .5 of a point? I mean .5! (shrug)
I thought about this initially, then thought about the ways some folks collect. Some I'd imagine having a run of ASM in 8.0-9.2, then seeing an "outlier" at 7.5 would be unsettling. I wouldn't care, but I've never been a grade chaser. I like the book.