• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*THREAD CLOSED* MORE RACER-X GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE AGE BOOKS - MOSTLY *HI-GRADE*

79 posts in this topic

ATOMAN 1; 8.0; OW/WHITE

*Origin & 1st app. Atoman*

**Albert Einstein cameo!**

***"Jerry Robinson" written on 1st page - probably authentic, but not verified***

$400

This is really random, but many years ago I attended one of the smaller conventions at NYC's Penn Plaza and happened to walk by a table where Jerry Robinson was sitting. A collector was showing him an Atoman #1 and he was leafing through it with a big grin; I had the impression that he had not seen a copy in many, many years and was quite amazed to see one again. The delighted look on his face has stayed with me. Wonder if it was this copy!

I'll take SS #3

I knew it. Ahhhhhh. Nice pick up!!!

I've felt like the second in line for a bunch of great books this week. Glad I could grab it before Hector swooped in a grabbed it. :banana:

ATOMAN 1; 8.0; OW/WHITE

***"Jerry Robinson" written on 1st page - probably authentic, but not verified***

$400

This is really random, but many years ago I attended one of the smaller conventions at NYC's Penn Plaza and happened to walk by a table where Jerry Robinson was sitting. A collector was showing him an Atoman #1 and he was leafing through it with a big grin; I had the impression that he had not seen a copy in many, many years and was quite amazed to see one again. The delighted look on his face has stayed with me. Wonder if it was this copy!

cool story, I wonder...

I'll take SS #3

I've felt like the second in line for a bunch of great books this week. Glad I could grab it before Hector swooped in a grabbed it. :banana:

I'm glad you got it then man. I'm trying to be a good lad, so it's better. Racer put some sweetness up for sure.

ATOMAN 1; 8.0; OW/WHITE

$400

Well…I purchased this book at a NYC comic con some time in the early 2000's. Back then the Big Apple comic con was held inside a church on the west side…

so…let's just claim it is one and the same!

I'll take SS #3

come on Racer update your thread with what has sold...

It's not like it's been 3 hours or nothing!

:sorry:

ATOMAN 1; 8.0; OW/WHITE

$400

Well…I purchased this book at a NYC comic con some time in the early 2000's. Back then the Big Apple comic con was held inside a church on the west side…

so…let's just claim it is one and the same!

Maybe that's when he signed it?

OK ALL - here's where we're at:

SOLD:

ASM 15, 4.0

ASM 47, 7.0

AVENGERS 23, 8.5

FF 14, 8.0

FF 22, 8.5

FLASH 153, 9.2

HULK 182, 8.5

JIM 104, 8.5

MARVEL PREMIERE 15, 9.4