• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic PCH stories
1 1

290 posts in this topic

Wow! I doubt anything I post will be new to you or you, Jayman, but I will try!

Speaking for myself, don't worry about it. Any contribution you make to the thread will be viewed very probably by PCH fans who have never read the story before.

Here's a creepy little tale of justice from an EC comic, CrimeSuspenstories #8. This issue contained a Haunt of Fear story drawn by Graham Ingels. This is the only EC comic I own, courtesy of Darth Korgi. I hope you guys don't mind an EC tale on this thread.

HOF1.jpg

HOF2.jpg

Hof3.jpg

hof4.jpg

hof5.jpg

hof6.jpg

hof7.jpg

Thanks, guys. Ingles is certainly a favorite for many. Darth Korgi is a huge fan, too, from what he's told me.

I am a fan. He might be my favorite comic artist,...easily in my top three. Definitely my favorite horror artist.

I just noticed he signed his proper name Ingels on this opening page as opposed to his later nickname, Ghastly.

Here's a creepy little tale of justice from an EC comic, CrimeSuspenstories #8. This issue contained a Haunt of Fear story drawn by Graham Ingels. This is the only EC comic I own, courtesy of Darth Korgi. I hope you guys don't mind an EC tale on this thread.

Thanks for contributing the story! There is no restriction on what titles the stories can be taken from, as long as they are pre-code (generally printed before a cover date of April, 1955). I have avoided posting EC stories, simply because their reprints are so readily available.

Just like Harvey Kurtzman had the reins on the war comics, and Jack Davis on Tales From The Crypt, "Ghastly" Graham Ingels was the primary artist for The Haunt of Fear. Ain't no mistaking who illustrated this cover;

2645806-the_haunt_of_fear_17.jpg

A favorite of mine from Strange Stories From Another World #2. I really like the 10 page format for these stories Fawcett used.

It gave them space to create a nice creepy tale. Shiverbones first posted about this story years ago and now I finally have my own copy, enjoy!

DeathsBeggarpg1_zps016ebce1.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg2_zps6d521bf6.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg3_zps88f25d80.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg4_zps886cdabf.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg5_zps994cfb31.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg6_zps84542d51.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg7_zps6c9acc1b.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg8_zps4182411e.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg9_zps1dbb0c51.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg10_zps6bd3459d.jpg

I just recently read this in Haunted Horror. What a twisted story! Great to see the original!

A favorite of mine from Strange Stories From Another World #2. I really like the 10 page format for these stories Fawcett used.

It gave them space to create a nice creepy tale. Shiverbones first posted about this story years ago and now I finally have my own copy, enjoy!

DeathsBeggarpg1_zps016ebce1.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg2_zps6d521bf6.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg3_zps88f25d80.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg4_zps886cdabf.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg5_zps994cfb31.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg6_zps84542d51.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg7_zps6c9acc1b.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg8_zps4182411e.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg9_zps1dbb0c51.jpg

DeathsBeggarpg10_zps6bd3459d.jpg

Shrunken Skull lotsa fun, and since I'd sold my Skeleton Island like having that winner. Death's Beggar nice example of how

Fawcett elaborated their stories to good effect.

Here's three perfectly paced pages by Howie Post from Mystery Tales #12.

img8670.jpg

Edited by pcalhoun