• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Stickers (post your tape and sticker horror stories)

Stickers are as Stickers does  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Stickers are as Stickers does

33 posts in this topic

Here's a solution:

Awhile back onn the boards someone (I think Columbia Comics) told me about these bad boys from amazon and I've never looked back!

149474.jpg

Just open the wipe, coat the sticker, wait a half a minute to the let the oils seep in and sticker comes off. one more wipe and it cleans up!

I love it!

:cloud9:

Thanks ! I just ordered some (thumbs u

I received my order of this adhesive remover and have to say I'm disappointed. While it did eventually remove the sticker (Comiclink), it was not easy and did not work any better than GooGone.

Here's a solution:

Awhile back onn the boards someone (I think Columbia Comics) told me about these bad boys from amazon and I've never looked back!

149474.jpg

Just open the wipe, coat the sticker, wait a half a minute to the let the oils seep in and sticker comes off. one more wipe and it cleans up!

I love it!

I received my order of this adhesive remover and have to say I'm disappointed. While it did eventually remove the sticker (Comiclink), it was not easy and did not work any better than GooGone.

DId you let the oil soak in???

Maybe they need to soak longer. I know these stickers are a pain in the wattooseee, but this solution is better that nothing and it doesn't leave your books smelling like oranges.

oh well, I didn't claim it was a Billy Mays Miracle.

:P

Does anyone else actually avoid books they might otherwise consider ( on the fence about) because there's a metro, heritage, comiclink, comicconnect label sticker on the slab.

I just seriously dislike em....

The Heritage stickers in my experience are small and come off easily with no residue; the ComicLink ones are the real pain.

Metro uses a mix; some require an adhesive remover and some come off with no problem. Luckily...

"Customers may request for the Metropolis label to be removed from their CGC purchase for a processing fee of $5 per book. Please allow an additional 7-10 days to process label-removal requests."

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/orderinfo.php

Does anyone else actually avoid books they might otherwise consider ( on the fence about) because there's a metro, heritage, comiclink, comicconnect label sticker on the slab.

The Heritage stickers in my experience are small and come off easily with no residue; the ComicLink ones are the real pain.

Metro uses a mix; some require an adhesive remover and some come off with no problem. Luckily...

"Customers may request for the Metropolis label to be removed from their CGC purchase for a processing fee of $5 per book. Please allow an additional 7-10 days to process label-removal requests."

Sticker removal fee.....:lol:

Goo Gone can remove any one of these stickers and except for the annoyance should never be an issue when buying a slab.

+1 Goo Gone works well. I hear many complain about the streaks left by GooGone. The trick is to apply the GG a second time with a clean rag. Clean is the keyword here.

BTW, the Blazing one's stickers comes off easily with only a fingernail.

Sticker removal fee.....:lol:

They should start putting the stickers on the front. :whee:

Here's a solution:

149474.jpg

I love it!

DId you let the oil soak in???

Maybe they need to soak longer. I know these stickers are a pain in the wattooseee, but this solution is better that nothing and it doesn't leave your books smelling like oranges.

oh well, I didn't claim it was a Billy Mays Miracle.

:P

You definitely have to let it soak in for awhile. And it takes some elbow grease too.

Before I bought these, I'd heat up the stickers with a hair dryer for a couple minutes then peel it off. But I'd still need Goo Gone to clean off the residue. At least these pads offer one stop shopping.

By the way, props to Metropolis/ComicConnect and Heritage for going with easy-peel stickers. ComicLink still uses Hulk strength stickers, unfortunately.

I use WD40 to remove unwanted stickers; you apply and let it sit for approximately 10 mins, and then you can peel the sticker off easily. Never tried it on a CGC slab, but have removed stickers off action figure clam shells with great success.

Goo Gone can remove any one of these stickers and except for the annoyance should never be an issue when buying a slab.

+1 Goo Gone works well. I hear many complain about the streaks left by GooGone. The trick is to apply the GG a second time with a clean rag. Clean is the keyword here.

BTW, the Blazing one's stickers comes off easily with only a fingernail.

+1

As soon as books arrive from ComicLink I give them the GooGone treatment. I have emailed them numerous times regarding the stickers and have never received a reply.