• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Stickers (post your tape and sticker horror stories)

Stickers are as Stickers does  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Stickers are as Stickers does

33 posts in this topic

Does anyone else actually avoid books they might otherwise consider ( on the fence about) because there's a metro, heritage, comiclink, comicconnect label sticker on the slab.

I just seriously dislike em....

Goo Gone can remove any one of these stickers and except for the annoyance should never be an issue when buying a slab.

It's plastic for god's sake.

Do you avoid buying a raw book because a price sticker is on the mylar?

Goo Gone can remove any one of these stickers and except for the annoyance should never be an issue when buying a slab.

I never let a sticker prevent me from buying a book but even with goo gone some of them like the Heritage stickers are tough to get completely off.

If it blocks the image sure :sumo: go back to pencil prices on the inside for goodness sakes.

Goo be gone causes cancer. And the 5-30 minutes it takes to get a sticker off could cost you your life or literally make the book less of a deal at my salary. Time is money. :cloud9:

So yeah. There are books that I might buy just on a whim that I'd pass on with a non easily removable eyesore of a sticker. It's the on the fence books. I'll risk my life removing a sticker on a book I've got to have. :lol:

I once left a slab on the nightstand under a light bulb that was pretty hot and it melted the inner case to the cover ;-). I wouldn't suggest too much heat.

I still have the slab. Maybe I should offer it on the boards at a discount. It is a fun metal men book :-) and fortunately not an expensive book.

Here's a solution:

Awhile back onn the boards someone (I think Columbia Comics) told me about these bad boys from amazon and I've never looked back!

149474.jpg

Just open the wipe, coat the sticker, wait a half a minute to the let the oils seep in and sticker comes off. one more wipe and it cleans up!

I love it!

:cloud9:

Here's a solution:

Here on the boards someone (I think October) told me about these bad boys from amazon and I've never looked back!

149474.jpg

Just open the wipe, coat the sticker, wait a half a minute to the let the oils seep in and sticker comes off. one more wipe and it cleans up!

I love it!

Sweet. And dang. Now I'll have to buy those on the fence books.

Here's a solution:

Awhile back onn the boards someone (I think Columbia Comics) told me about these bad boys from amazon and I've never looked back!

149474.jpg

I love it!

Thanks ! I just ordered some (thumbs u

Here's a solution:

149474.jpg

I love it!

I got some of these last year after I saw somebody post it on the boards. Work perfectly. Use a little carefully sprayed glass cleaner after you use them and there's no sticker or residue.

I remember being worried the first time I received a Heritage slab, but it peeled easily right off and left no residue, I have received about 40 more since then, and they all peel right off without tearing and without any residue, it must be a special kind of sticker? I have only bought 1 comiclink/metro book, but it came right off with no problems as well. Perhaps this wasn't always the case?