• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow or Green for exclusively signed TMNT

21 posts in this topic

So at SDCC 2014 there was an exclusive reprint of TMNT #1 signed by Eastman. Only 200 were made, and ALL were signed. The cover was exclusive, not used before. And I believe that the books were signed ahead of time.

Does anyone know if this would get a yellow label? I called CGC and just got the standard "only if the signing was viewed by a CGC member" but when I mentioned that all copies of this particular book were signed, they said "well sometimes they will make exceptions"

So what do you guys think? Would they make an exception? Or get stuck with a green.

Bummer, I probably won't bother getting it slabbed then.

Thanks!

you should double or triple check with CGC first either way, just to be sure.

The only instance that I know of a signed book that was out of cgc's hands was that Walking Dead #100 variant that came signed. There were examples of that unsigned that popped up too though. There was a cut-off to get them in. If there are any other examples like this, i would like to know of it. I've never seen a TMNT #3 white NY variant that wasn't signed on the inside, and I think i've heard that they were all signed. I think those still get knocked a little, but because it's on the inside they get blue...

It was the Lucille edition of Walking Dead 100 that CGC was yellow labeling because they were ALL signed.... until they weren't, and they started showing up unsigned, so CGC decided they couldn't be sure WHO signed them and had a cut off date for yellow label SS- if you had it to them by a certain date, yellow, after the date, green.

There is no need to worry about the stigma of a green label on a book when all the copies are signed. It's a different situation, than the GLOD stigma.

Anyone who wants a copy in the future will understand that all of them are that way. 2c

So at SDCC 2014 there was an exclusive reprint of TMNT #1 signed by Eastman. Only 200 were made, and ALL were signed. The cover was exclusive, not used before. And I believe that the books were signed ahead of time.

Does anyone know if this would get a yellow label? I called CGC and just got the standard "only if the signing was viewed by a CGC member" but when I mentioned that all copies of this particular book were signed, they said "well sometimes they will make exceptions"

So what do you guys think? Would they make an exception? Or get stuck with a green.

They were yellow-labelled if they were picked up from Eastman at the show (with a witness in tow) - CGC changed the rules a while ago and they now allow pre-signed books to get a SS label if they're picked up directly from the person who signed them.

Yours will come back a GLOD.

Are the books still in Eastman's possession? Meaning did he sell them solely at his booth? If he has it and chain of custody isn't broken then you may be able to get a yellow label, but if it is being sold by another party then Green it is.

I would check with CGC for specifics

I currently have the book, but from my understanding they were sold solely from Eastman at the show, and have a SDCC label on the front.

I assumed it would be green, but had hoped for a yellow. Interesting to hear about walking dead 100.

I've never seen a TMNT #3 white NY variant that wasn't signed on the inside, and I think i've heard that they were all signed. ..

Mine is unsigned.

I've never seen a TMNT #3 white NY variant that wasn't signed on the inside, and I think i've heard that they were all signed. ..

Mine is unsigned.

Yeah, I've seen several slabbed copies that weren't signed on the interior as well.

Mine is unsigned.

Yeah, I've seen several slabbed copies that weren't signed on the interior as well.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03-1stPrintNYCVariantSS.jpg

Also,

There were 200 made. Let's just say a very good source told me that there was no typical overprint on this one. Usually you see at least 10% extra (off the top of my head) but this one was (again) what I heard right on the money at 200.