• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics 405

3 posts in this topic

Just picked this up and did some dry cleaning on the back cover (which was filthy in terms of eye appeal) and front white areas. Noticed it was slightly mis-cut and mis-wrapped, but since it doesn't affect grade I'm okay with it. There are a number of non-color breaking spine breaks and dents on both upper and lower corners on the back cover need the spine.

I graded it at about 8.5, but am thinking of submitting it to CCS at NYCC for a good pressing to make it present better. Think a good pressing would bring the grade up enough to warrant the expense?

Here are the pics:

wrWyGXo.jpg

jFSizFo.jpg

Any input would be much appreciated :)

Know the idea of pressing is kind of a polarizing issue on this board but do you think pressing would make the book present better? I feel a lot of the non-color breaking creases along spine and the dents on back cover can be 'remedied' by a good press, so was thinking about that as an option when I hit up NYCC in Oct.