• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 questions regarding CGC Services and Fees

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I’m new to the forum. I apologize if I am posting this question on the wrong board. I skimmed the threads and did not see this topic as a header.

In looking at CGC’s Services and Fees page, I have the following two questions:

The ‘Walkthru’ row says that the ‘Retail Price’ is ‘3% FMV’. Does the FMV include the expected increase in sale price from selling a comic that is slabbed versus unslabbed?

All of the values in the ‘Max. Value’ column except for ‘Walkthru’ are less than or equal to $3,000. Does this mean that any comic worth more than $3,000 that is submitted must be hand-delivered to the facility for the ‘Walkthru’ service?

Thank you for any and all replies.

I never have Walkthru before but I always avoid it because you have to pay 3% Fair Market Value. For example, your book is worth $10,000. You have to pay $300 to get the book to be graded and slabbed on the same day. If you are willing to pay it, you can sell it right away.

I preferred Express Tier that costs you only $95 plus shipping/handling fees. You will have to wait for one week or little more. If the book value will go over $3000, I will gamble for Express. If I don't get the bump, I have to pay for the Express fee only. You may never know..

Hi. I’m new to the forum. I apologize if I am posting this question on the wrong board. I skimmed the threads and did not see this topic as a header.

In looking at CGC’s Services and Fees page, I have the following two questions:

The ‘Walkthru’ row says that the ‘Retail Price’ is ‘3% FMV’. Does the FMV include the expected increase in sale price from selling a comic that is slabbed versus unslabbed?

All of the values in the ‘Max. Value’ column except for ‘Walkthru’ are less than or equal to $3,000. Does this mean that any comic worth more than $3,000 that is submitted must be hand-delivered to the facility for the ‘Walkthru’ service?

Thank you for any and all replies.

Great question and welcome to the boards, baron von slabb!