• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best comic book movie is....

32 posts in this topic

V for Vendetta is so good in all its formats.

More recently I have added Dredd and Snow Piercer to my list of favourites. Dredd certainly doesn't fall into the category of "the best" as the story / plot is like walking down a long corridor but it was delicious to watch something that really did a great job of bringing the whole feel of Megacity 1 and the 2000AD characters in it to life.

Snow Piercer was :sick:

I didn't dig American Splendor. Grateful to the movie for putting Paul Giamatti on the map but...meh.

History of Violence is phenomenal, but for the last 10 minutes - William Hurt's monologue.

Would actually make an interesting juxtaposition with the upcoming "Gone Girl" in the "how well do we actually know our spouses?" genre.

Dredd certainly doesn't fall into the category of "the best" as the story / plot is like walking down a long corridor but it was delicious to watch something that really did a great job of bringing the whole feel of Megacity 1 and the 2000AD characters in it to life.

:eyeroll:

They had already achieved this with Stallone's "Judge Dredd" back in 1995!!

:jokealert: