• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.X's Cheap Trashy Worthless Wizard Chicago Report

219 posts in this topic

my daughter got a couple of prints signed.

printsfromwizard001.jpg

printsfromwizard002.jpg

My daughter is wanting to go to Wizard World Nashville to get Maggie's ( Lauren Cohen's) autograph. :whee:

Headed up there around noon. Had a deal going with one of our board dealers and wanted to get it squared away before the con opens tomarrow. Man does the floor look different packed with huge trucks and vehicles.

Lots of tables, chairs, shelving all over the place. I really have a new appreciation for what these dealers go through to unload and set up. Looks like a ton of work.

005-6.jpg

006-10.jpg

These pics of the trucks/vans parked right next to the booths leads me to a question. Does anyone know if dealers are allowed to do the same (ie. bring vehicles inside the building at or close to your booth) at Baltimore con next month? I would love to know whether or not I need to bring a pallet jack to move lots of boxes over a distance or if I could forgo lugging that thing up there.

Brother those books are hot,hot,hot!

On another note! Do you think Chuck Rozanski sees the Mile High/Church books,and tells himself that he shouldn't have sold so early? lol

The answer has to be a resounding "yes". That collection has to be worth well above 8 digits. Didn't someone here say he made less than a mil off it and actually did better on Mile High II? Heck, I regret selling some of the stuff I moved a year ago and that was nothing by comparison. I can only imagine the sellers remorse on the Church AC #1 alone.

For anybody who ever felt like they left money on the table just remember there is always someone who left a bigger pile than you.

These pics of the trucks/vans parked right next to the booths leads me to a question. Does anyone know if dealers are allowed to do the same (ie. bring vehicles inside the building at or close to your booth) at Baltimore con next month? I would love to know whether or not I need to bring a pallet jack to move lots of boxes over a distance or if I could forgo lugging that thing up there.

Call or email the promoter. (shrug)

I did last week. Hadn't heard back but I decided to call a few hours ago and got an answer. I will need the pallet jack. There will be a small to moderate distance from the loading area to the dealers room.

It's been several years since I set up at Baltimore Con, but I've never been at a show other than Wizard World events in which you are allowed to drive a vehicle on the floor.

Thanks for a most enjoyable thread, Tim. Those of us unable to attend could at least have a vicarious experience, including the looks at wall books and the requisite ogling of a hot con babe. :banana:

I did last week. Hadn't heard back but I decided to call a few hours ago and got an answer. I will need the pallet jack. There will be a small to moderate distance from the loading area to the dealers room.

There is a second hall area, where the food and gaming sections normally are during the show hours. They let you pull into that hall to unload. Then after unloading you leave so others can pull in to unload. That was how it was a couple of years ago.

Why wouldn't I make it home?

You could have been KIDNAPPED! taken hostage by elves...

I don't know, I've never loved flying I just do it to get places, so I'm always happy when people I like get home.

Probably when people I don't like get home, too;)

You met a hot customs agent who detained you? hm

.... he became unruly ..... and had to be disciplined.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You met a hot customs agent who detained you? hm

.... he became unruly ..... and had to be disciplined.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It wouldn't be the first time he was roughed up by airport security. He's nothing but a trouble maker.