• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealers interested in reporting face-to-face sales?

7 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but after seeing some of the books that have and will be trading hands in Chicago this weekend, I feel like there's a large portion of sales from highly reputable people that are going unreported. I'm curious if any of the larger sellers would be interested in taking the time to report on what has sold and at what price. Any thoughts (good or bad)?

As may of you know, we (GoCollect) are having a tough time getting the larger auction houses on board to allow us to broadcast their data in our site. Our audience is growing quite well and I won't stop making every effort to get some of the bigger buys on board. However, it feels like there's opportunity in giving more people a "voice" in the data.

We're all about transparency in each sale, so anyone seeing an individual sale would know where and when it happened. I'm curious to know both perspectives on the usefulness here (dealers and buyers) - if you're willing to share.

I'll be around booth 223 through the weekend here in Chicago if anyone is up for chatting.

Thanks,

Jeff

So, you're a competitor to GPAnalysis?

Yes... on the "price guide" side of things. Overall, we offer a different suite of tools. GPA currently has us beat on total data sources. Right now, we're just aggregating from eBay. There's a very large audience that are fine with that limitation (likely because they tend to only buy/sell on eBay), but many of the boardies here need more info than that. We're growing quite well, but honestly, not yet from the audience out here.

Been discussed in extreme detail on these forums over the years.

The general consensus by the majority is that face-to-face sales are unreliable.