• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Captain America fan, but owner of none .. this is my next, best thing...

51 posts in this topic

Bought 3 cover to cover books in Chicago (Supe, The Bat, and Spidey) Fun coffee table reads. Think they should do the same like you

Yup, I'd certainly be first in line to buy a Cap one, if Marvel released it.

Maybe for Cap's 100th Anniversary :wishluck:

Very nice!

A Cap fan myself, always working on my collection.

Thank you (worship)

I've been a fan of Cap since I was 10 years old, and I still get excited every time I add something new to my collection, whether its a comic, slab, or hardcover :)

Nothing like a gorgeous hardcover with beautiful artwork. The sound and feel of flipping high quality pages has always been addictive to me; you can never simulate that on a tablet. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Nothing like a gorgeous hardcover with beautiful artwork. The sound and feel of flipping high quality pages has always been addictive to me; you can never simulate that on a tablet. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

My absolute pleasure, and thank you for your very nice comment (worship)(worship)(worship)

What do you do, when you'd like an industry legend (and one of the very few Golden Age Captain America artists still with us), 95 year old Ken Bald; to sign your one-of-a-kind Custom Bound 'Captain America Golden Age Covers' book, but .. he won't fly anywhere .. and I'm not in the U.S. at the moment? Also noting that no-one is immortal. If you can't bring Mohammed to the Mountain, you bring the Mountain to Mohammed. Here's two very awesome pictures of Ken signing my book at today's Rhode Island Comic Convention!! .. Thank you, soooo much Kevin Gawthrope, who acted as the go-between to Get! This! Done! Thank you, Kevin ... and thank you, Ken ...

KenBald01_zpsa7hoaptk.jpg

KenBald02_zpst8th3lm4.jpg

What do you do, when you'd like an industry legend (and one of the very few Golden Age Captain America artists still with us), 95 year old Ken Bald; to sign your one-of-a-kind Custom Bound 'Captain America Golden Age Covers' book, but .. he won't fly anywhere .. and I'm not in the U.S. at the moment? Also noting that no-one is immortal. If you can't bring Mohammed to the Mountain, you bring the Mountain to Mohammed. Here's two very awesome pictures of Ken signing my book at today's Rhode Island Comic Convention!! .. Thank you, soooo much Kevin Gawthrope, who acted as the go-between to Get! This! Done! Thank you, Kevin ... and thank you, Ken ...

KenBald01_zpsa7hoaptk.jpg

KenBald02_zpst8th3lm4.jpg

I missed this book the first time you posted it. Very, very cool! :applause: Congrats on the signature! Now you should try and get Allen Bellman to sign it. :)

I missed this book the first time you posted it. Very, very cool! :applause: Congrats on the signature! Now you should try and get Allen Bellman to sign it. :)

That is indeed the plan, Sir! That is my very next move (thumbs u