• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Captain America fan, but owner of none .. this is my next, best thing...

51 posts in this topic

I love the GA era of Cap, but .. hand on my heart .. it's highly unlikely I'll ever be able to own any of these fabulous issues :cry:

The next best thing for me was to create a one-off volume doing something that Marvel hasn't done ( .. they seem to have stalled at Golden Age Captain America Marvel Masterworks Vol.6 #24) and create a book that shows the complete run of covers from the GA Cap era.

My book came back today ... black buckram .. gold lettering .. gold stamping of Cap's Shield.

I hope you like my one-off, but I really hope that some day .. I'll be the owner of at least one of the original issues ..

Very cool! :applause:

What did you use as the source of your scans?

Thank you! .. if only I had the original books. I just used the best images I could find.

It looks like you did a great job finding quality scans.

Keep in mind what Ankur said. There are affordable copies out there, many appealing copies for $500 or under....if you don't mind some wear and tear.

Next time a boardie offers up a Cap that appeals to you, send a PM and ask about time payments.

I've offered both delayed and time payments in the past if requested, and received the same from obliging boardies. It's all about getting the right comic at the right price into the hands of an appreciative collector.

That being said, your book is plenty cool!

So very well done, sir. With that level of dedication, I have no doubt you'll own an original some day.

I love the GA era of Cap, but .. hand on my heart .. it's highly unlikely I'll ever be able to own any of these fabulous issues :cry:

The next best thing for me was to create a one-off volume doing something that Marvel hasn't done ( .. they seem to have stalled at Golden Age Captain America Marvel Masterworks Vol.6 #24) and create a book that shows the complete run of covers from the GA Cap era.

My book came back today ... black buckram .. gold lettering .. gold stamping of Cap's Shield.

So very well done, sir. With that level of dedication, I have no doubt you'll own an original some day.

Thank you, Mark :wishluck: