• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Hi-Res Cover Scans

10 posts in this topic

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how to show my comics.

I put up display shelves, and had slabs on them. It looked great.

But this is in my bar, which is on my main floor. So they'd be exposed to some light. So I took them down.

:blahblah:

I've decided I want to put up printouts of covers, as others have suggested for both display and con sales purposes. But I'm honestly too lazy to scan the actual copies that I own.

Is there a free and easy way to download hi-res scans that I can stick to some back boards and put them on my display shelves. Any comparable ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

That's sad to hear. Why even own the comics at all if you can't display them? Just sell the comics, make some repros and put them up knowing that you used to own them at one point.

Too lazy to scan your own comic books? Yikes.

I suppose it is a yikes. Actually, it's mostly that I am too busy, and my scanner tends to produce scans which makes it worse.

If there were an easier way to get it done, that would be valuable.

I intend to have the original copies in a short box to show them off if convo arises. But when the house is empty, I really don't need the covers fading for no reason.

Don't worry, the scotch stayed put, at least the scotch which I haven't consumed yet.

I said the comics were on like display shelves (they're actually more like ledges). The booze is on like a bar unit.

So the comics and alcohol co-exist in the best of ways

Looks like I'll have to figure something else out - maybe pics with a camera or some kind of UV protection.

It's easy enough. Plug the issue title & # into Google search, then it's:

Images/Search tools/Size/Larger than/ and pick through the larger size options there, see if any images pop. If so click it, click 'View Image' and toss it to a printer.

batman227.jpg