• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Mom

51 posts in this topic

As some of you know my Mom passed away in June.

It has been a very difficult time, the worst two months of my life. Miss is a pitifully inadequate word to describe what I feel towards her.

Like everything else in life she took such in interest in things that interested me, including hobbies; of course comics.

She helped me catalog the collection, input prices every year from the OSPG, and even bagged books. Over the past two years or so I was planning a sale of some undercopies. As always she helped in working the list, adding up prices, etc. She laughingly said she would get 10%.

Last fall I finally got to selling the books. I did (forcefully) give her her 10%.

My idea was I would get some big key with the proceeds. I was undecided between a ST 110, TTA 27 or X-Men 1.

Whenever we went through the titles while cataloging and got to Dr. Strange, we had a running joke where Mom would say " How strange is he?" We both always chuckled.

After she passed the choice crystallized, as did my conflict on taking a continuing interest in comics, or much else. I know what she would want.

I noticed a while ago my post count was 8887. Mom loved elephants, and collected them. She always wanted the trunks up, saying it was good luck. I later found that is a Chinese tradition. In the Chinese culture 8 is a lucky number. I've been saving my 8888th post for this.

So, the opportunity came recently to acquire this.

This one's for you Mom. :foryou:

img001.jpg

I'm an absolute mess after reading that.

Cheers to your mum. There's no doubt, after reading that, she knew how loved she was when she passed.

So sorry for your loss.

My mom and I had a lengthy conversation today until I read your post.

I am glad that I had time with my mother. It's hard to think how I live without my mother.

It's always cheerful to have the mother once in your life. I am sorry about your precious love one.

It is a beautiful story.

Wow.

First of all, my sincere condolences. I lost my mother in 2003 and not a day goes by that I do not think about her. :gossip: She also collected elephants, it must be a mom thing.

Second, what a touching way to honor your mom with the post count, that great book, and sharing it all here. It sounds like she has a wonderful son.

:foryou: