• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famous Funnies (with original mailing envelope)

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering how often they come along with the original envelopes? I've obviously seen a few copies of this book go up for sale over the years. I can't remember one that came along with a mailing envelope. I don't follow books from that period very closely so I could easily have missed it. Anyone?

Famous Funnies

What's interesting to me is that Wheatena was just one of a few companies that Gaines sold them to. Does anyone know how the other companies distributed the book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just wondering how often they come along with the original envelopes? I've obviously seen a few copies of this book go up for sale over the years. I can't remember one that came along with a mailing envelope. I don't follow books from that period very closely so I could easily have missed it. Anyone?

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=65&item=6500523900&rd=1">Famous Funnies</a>

What's interesting to me is that Wheatena was just one of a few companies that Gaines sold them to. Does anyone know how the other companies distributed the book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have only seen four or five examples of the envelope and if I remember correctly one was in a previous Mastronet auction. Mastronet did just recently have a 4.5 graded copy of the 1939 World's Fair comic book with the mailing envelope.

Mastronet did just recently have a 4.5 graded copy of the 1939 World's Fair comic book with the mailing envelope.

I saw that in their catalog. It was quite a lovely copy. Any idea what the hammer price was on it?