• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I buy these flash comics?

30 posts in this topic

I have a guy that I contacted for a flash #123 but it turns out he sold it and he has these ones left

for 300 obo and in my opinion they look 3.5 and better and what should I offer him?

Flash116.jpg

Flash117.jpg

Flash120.jpg

Flash137.jpg

Flash194.jpg

Flash195.jpg

backs of comics

20140825_155301.jpg

20140825_155335.jpg

20140825_155311.jpg

thanks for your help :)

Don't buy those books. The price is much too high for what he's offering. For $100, you can consider it, but not $300. 2c

ok thanks I was thinking of offering him around that price to but I juat wanted a couple opinons

Don't buy those books. The price is much too high for what he's offering. For $100, you can consider it, but not $300. 2c

what about #137 it's the most valuable of the lot so that makes it worth 100 bucks for the lot right?

Assume they are all Good 2.0 books. I've included the Overstreet prices in Good.

116 $35

117 $37

120 $35

137 $36

194 $4

195 $4

that adds up to $151. Offering $100 is probably fair if you really want them. Looking at them now on my computer instead of my phone, I wouldn't buy them at $100. I would probably be thinking of around $50, but that's because I have no interest in them. If you really want them, you pay what you're comfortable with.

Assume they are all Good 2.0 books. I've included the Overstreet prices in Good.

116 $35

117 $37

120 $35

137 $36

194 $4

195 $4

that adds up to $151. Offering $100 is probably fair if you really want them. Looking at them now on my computer instead of my phone, I wouldn't buy them at $100. I would probably be thinking of around $50, but that's because I have no interest in them. If you really want them, you pay what you're comfortable with.

thanks for your opinon

116 $35

117 $37

120 $35

137 $36

194 $4

195 $4

thanks for your opinon

Unless these are keepers, you will probably have difficulty selling them for what you paid. As others suggested, you are better off getting one good book with the money. Sorry.

While a couple of those books may may be 3.5s in hand, none are better than that, and they look more like 2.5/3.0 on the average.

If the first 4 filled holes in a lower grade Flash collection, they might be worth $100 for the convenience of getting four at once, but anywhere near $300 is a suckers play.

116 $35

117 $37

120 $35

137 $36

194 $4

195 $4

thanks for your opinon

Unless these are keepers, you will probably have difficulty selling them for what you paid. As others suggested, you are better off getting one good book with the money. Sorry.

I haven't bought them yet but I'm getting two answers from people either don't buy it or only pay 100 for them

These are reading copies only. Pay as little as you can. The books are not rare or scarce in these grades. I would pay no more than 30 bucks for the lot and that's it!!

wow you are a tough dealer :) every post the price seems to go lower lol

This is why this forum is so valuable.

These guys just saved you over $250.

I can't think of any other forum where veteran collectors share their knowledge so freely.

2c

No,bird cage fodder.Save your money for a nice key book that you will enjoy having in your collection.

I agree that these might be too low grade (that's up to you of course), but the early Flash comics are not to be trifled with. They've got great art and very fun/interesting stories.

$300 sounds wicked high to me. I'd go maybe a third of that.

This is why this forum is so valuable.

These guys just saved you over $250.

I can't think of any other forum where veteran collectors share their knowledge so freely.

2c

I know this forum is awesome :)

No,bird cage fodder.Save your money for a nice key book that you will enjoy having in your collection.

I agree that these might be too low grade (that's up to you of course), but the early Flash comics are not to be trifled with. They've got great art and very fun/interesting stories.

so $100 is a fair offer?

so $100 is a fair offer?

That was super off-the-cuff on my part. I haven't bought early Flash comics in years, and I haven't seen these in real life. $100 could well be high. But if you get them for a price you're happy with, I'm just saying they'll be a fun read.