• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DRAGONCON August 28-Sept. 1, Atlanta

17 posts in this topic

McGuinness cancelled :(

Hope you guys that set up in the vendors area are making money hand over fist because I haven't been able to get in to see you for two days straight now! Going to try again tomorrow! :wishluck:

Went on Sunday & will have pics later ...

Surprised to see Roc Upchurch from Rat Queens set up.

He had blank sketch covers for $75 each that were pretty fabulous, but his entire commission list was full up.

You could tell when a panel let out because the flood of people created true gridlock.

George Perez was drawing sketches & only had 3 people with him, I thought 'my lucky day'!

Then I realized the long line that was being held back by a security guard 10 feet away.

Sad that Dragoncon makes these fancy magazine style guidebooks for attendees, but they had run completely out on Saturday, must have printed like 40K, but had 60K come through the doors.

The two biggest booths by sheer size were Zenescope & Aspen.

Okay, more pics later ...

I was there from Thursday afternoon until about 2 hours ago. Never been so glad to see my kids again after hanging with 50,000 of my closest friends all weekend. The dealer area where the books were for sale was impossible to get in to on Friday and Saturday but I managed to get in on Sunday and picked up a nice 1st appearance of Howard the Duck and a Dune set which I might try and get a Patrick Stewart signature on sometime. Sorry, no wall book pictures because honestly I only saw two setups with CGC books. Crazy Ed and someone else that I never saw the name. Should have a few pictures of some of the artists later on :thumbsup: For now I have to go clean up the peanut butter my son is currently spreading all over the coffee table.

I was there from Thursday afternoon until about 2 hours ago. Never been so glad to see my kids again after hanging with 50,000 of my closest friends all weekend. The dealer area where the books were for sale was impossible to get in to on Friday and Saturday but I managed to get in on Sunday and picked up a nice 1st appearance of Howard the Duck and a Dune set which I might try and get a Patrick Stewart signature on sometime. Sorry, no wall book pictures because honestly I only saw two setups with CGC books. Crazy Ed and someone else that I never saw the name. Should have a few pictures of some of the artists later on :thumbsup: For now I have to go clean up the peanut butter my son is currently spreading all over the coffee table.

There was really only about four comic book dealers there. Two were low end books and very focused on books from popular series (Buffy, angel, star wars, act) with very week walls.

Twisted Heroes had a few long boxes of nice keys and I spent most of my money here. Crazy Ed easily had the best set up for comics but as usual was not easy to deal with.

They are moving the dealer hall next year so hopefully there will be more room.

Highlight pick ups:

Ironman 1 2.0

Marvel Premiere 47 9.0

Avengers 57 6.0

DC Comics presents 26 9.4

Show was pretty decent I think. I got a lot of books signed for SS. Spent way too long in the James Gunn line.

Yeah that line was insane and 1 per. But still managed 3 sigs and some freebie Dragoncon postcards.

gunn_zps36a3e25c.jpg

Nice meeting you too....Pikescomics.

I get into the dealer rooms any day any time without a problem but you have to use one of the alternate entrances. Don't go in through the Peachtree St entrance near Rays on the River restaurant, ever. Try the side entrance on Portman first. As a alternate, there is also a skyway bridge from the Westin to the south, crossing over International Blvd. sometimes the first floor rooms have a line but then just head upstairs first.

I saw probably 6 comics vendors and 3 trade paperback vendors in the halls.

This year I bought some Dark Knight Strikes Again and Hulk from Crazy Ed.

Bunch of Battlestar Galactica and Robocop v Terminator at Supah Pop.

Found a bunch of SW The Clone Wars, Flash and Spawn in the $1 bins from Wes of Atlanta Comic Convention.

You can find the comics vendors by searching "comics" in the D/C app on a smartphone. Then ask one of the info tables how to find their booth number on the floor.

Show was pretty decent I think. I got a lot of books signed for SS. Spent way too long in the James Gunn line.

Instead of standing in the Hamilton line I hear.

You heard right.

hm