• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comics Convention March 23 2003

8 posts in this topic

March is shaping up to be a great month for comics fans in Toronto.

One of the reasons why I haven't been able to post much lately is that I've been busy helping to coordinate the following:

Paradise Comics Presents The Toronto Comicon

Sunday, March 23, 2003

11 am - 6 pm

Toronto Hilton Ballroom

145 Richmond Street West (at University Avenue)

Guests include (more announcements to come):

Phil Jiminez (Wonder Woman, New X-Men, JLA/Titans, Invisibles)

Dave Ross (Daredevil 15, Captain America 43, JLA: Act of God, Aliens: Xenogenesis, Punisher/Painkiller Jane)

Vatche Mavlian (Spider-Man/Daredevil one-shot)

Confirmed dealers attending: Harley Yee, Comics Addiction, Big B and many others.

Paradise comics will also be accepting CGC submissions at the show.

Tickets $8 at the door (or $6 in advance at the store 3278 Yonge St.)

Free admission to children under 12 years.

For further information (including information on booking table space) please contact:

416-487-9807

paradisecomics@on.aibn.com

or visit the Paradise Website:

www.paradisecomics.com

(OR YOU CAN PM ME)

This is the last show to be held at the Toronto Hilton - next fall the show will be moving to a larger venue and will be a three-day event with plenty of guests! More details will be announced in the spring!

Kev

Also, the following weekend - Saturday, March 29 The Beguiling is holding the first Toronto Comics Arts Festival for further details check out:

http://www.newsarama.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000284;p=

Hey Hogations,

Plans are for the show to inhabit all three hotel ballrooms (i.e. it will be much bigger - old shows were only in the one room) and we are spending $$ on staff, GUESTS and promotion (for example, Guests = hotel, flights and meals)

This is no longer a Tempest Productions comic show (which was affiliated with Paradise), but part of the newly created Paradise Conventions, so you'll notice some big changes on the day of the show.

There is a slight increase in cost of admission, but it's still reasonably cheap. $8 canadian = approx. US$5. I don't think you'll find many shows anywhere (with guests) with an admission that cheap.

Unfortunately, admission won't be this low for the fall show. But it's going to be even bigger!

Kev

This is the last show to be held at the Toronto Hilton - next fall the show will be moving to a larger venue and will be a three-day event with plenty of guests! More details will be announced in the spring!

That's what I'm waiting to see. laugh.gif

Me too!

Artist response has been pretty favorable, so it's shaping up to be a good show.

We'll have some more details at the March show, but it looks like it will be on the weekend of October 24-26.

Kev

Well, it's been a hectic two weeks, as I was in Orlando at Megacon recruiting talent for our fall show (date is still pending as we are waiting to hear back on when the National in NYC is going to be held), and then in Montreal yesterday.

Here's an update on the March 23 2003 one-day show we are having in Toronto.

Original Guests confirmed:

- Phil Jimenez

- Dave Ross

- Vatche Mavlian

JUST confirmed:

- Francis Manapul (Witchblade)

- J. Bone (Spider-Man's Tangled Web holiday issue, Gotham Girls, Mutant Texas, Alison Dare Adventures, Jingle Belle, upcoming Mr. Gum special)

More confirmations are pending.

Show is from 11-6 at the Toronto Hilton Ballroom, 145 Richmond St. West (at University) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

See my original post for more details.

Dealer tables are very close to selling out. Please contact Paradise Comics www.paradisecomics.com if you are interested in getting additional information or to book a table.

Kev