• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC event auction: anyone pick anything up?

95 posts in this topic

As a seller I can tell you I'm not pleased with the CC auction... I know how to give my own books away - and now CC is doing it for me and with an additional 10%.

There are always winners and losers, whether CL, Heritage or CC. As the consignor of the Moondog's/Dr. Fate books I couldn't be happier.

I got FATMAN, THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER #3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that part of the event auction? Never bid on something with this 3 minute extension deal. Didn't much like it, but whatever. Hard to swoop in and get a bargain that way.

Congrats! The only 9.8 in the census. I was hoping that book would hit $500 so I'm very pleased.

The part of my Strange Tales run that ended tonight was a mixed bag. The early Dr. Strange keys destroyed GPA averages, but the non-keys and pre-Dr. Strange issues underperformed, and there were real bargains for some buyers.

The part of my Strange Tales run that ended tonight was a mixed bag. The early Dr. Strange keys destroyed GPA averages, but the non-keys and pre-Dr. Strange issues underperformed, and there were real bargains for some buyers.

I picked up the 102 and blew most of my budget. It seemed like all of the books I was looking at in the run went for very strong prices. Congrats on the sale.

Busted my art auction cherry this afternoon with these two Buscema pages. Just about everything I like about Thor on these: great dialogue, Hela, Kirby Krackle, awesome sound effects, Warriors Three action and some cool Thor poses.I was really happy I was able to pick them both up.

thor201-01.jpg

thor201-02.jpg

I picked up the 102 and blew most of my budget. It seemed like all of the books I was looking at in the run went for very strong prices. Congrats on the sale.

Congrats on the pickup. You got a gorgeous old label pedigree copy for a steal - I believe if you choose to have it re-graded it will be a 9.4 without needing to be pressed.

Thanks for buying the Moondog's/Dr. Fate books!

You are welcome.

I was happy to get the wins on those books.

There were several books I really liked that just got too expensive for my taste.

Busted my art auction cherry this afternoon with these two Buscema pages. Just about everything I like about Thor on these: great dialogue, Hela, Kirby Krackle, awesome sound effects, Warriors Three action and some cool Thor poses.I was really happy I was able to pick them both up.

Great stuff!

Congratulations.

thor201-01.jpg

thor201-02.jpg

Pretty cool - nice pickup

Great stuff!

Congratulations.

Thanks, guys. I can definitely see how extended bidding can get you in trouble. Yikes. :eek:

Great stuff!

Congratulations.

Thanks, guys. I can definitely see how extended bidding can get you in trouble. Yikes. :eek:

Nah... because you would have been annoyed if you were sniped. Sniping is compostable_fertilizer. Let it come down to who wants it more with that extended time to allow the buyers to consider their weight in the auction.

Great stuff!

Congratulations.

Nah... because you would have been annoyed if you were sniped. Sniping is compostable_fertilizer. Let it come down to who wants it more with that extended time to allow the buyers to consider their weight in the auction.

As a long-time sniper, I can honestly say that I never really considered that viewpoint until today. Faced with the idea that I would lose out on it, I did succumb to bidding more during the extended time - but I'm glad I did, because I really did want them. Definitely gave me a new perspective on the auction style, which I really didn't agree with until I found myself in the middle of it, and luckily enough - this time I benefited from it.

As a seller I can tell you I'm not pleased with the CC auction... I know how to give my own books away - and now CC is doing it for me and with an additional 10%.

There are always winners and losers, whether CL, Heritage or CC.

Indeed.

is there a way to view the final hammer on the different books, if you didnt already have the link?

is there a way to view the final hammer on the different books, if you didnt already have the link?

I usually keep the books I was bidding on in my want list so I can see the closing prices there..

Also, if you did bid on the book during the auction, you should have gotten an e-mail to notify you that you were outbid. That e-mail contains a link to the listing. Clicking it now should show you the sale price.

If you did not bid on the book or have it in your watch list I am not sure you can see it online. You could always try calling Comic Connect and asking them if you really want to know (I would wait until Monday as they are busiest during the auctions).

I got FATMAN, THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER #3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that part of the event auction? Never bid on something with this 3 minute extension deal. Didn't much like it, but whatever. Hard to swoop in and get a bargain that way.

Congrats! The only 9.8 in the census. I was hoping that book would hit $500 so I'm very pleased.

Then, we are both happy, but the guy who I was bidding against is probably wishing he had went a little higher, because I was done. You just never know. Another $20 and I would have let it go, but you never know that! It did go high, but in a few years I will have forgotten what I paid for it, and it will still be the only 9.8 on the census, and Fatman might be getting the respect he deserves!