• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juan Jose Ryp easter eggs

20 posts in this topic

Has anyone found any? I found a bunch in Black Summer issue 6 in floppies same as chapter 7 in the trade on pages 2 and 3. I found at least 5 for sure with 2 I'm not sure of.

I know he also did Wolverine The Best There Is Contagion, No Hero and the first 3 issues of Wolfskin to name a few.

Don't know about Clone.

The trade for Black Summer is broken into parts. So it says part 7 (on the cover from one of the floppies) and the following page is a alternate cover. When I say the easter eggs are on page #2 I'm not counting those covers as page #'s.

Black Summer issue 6 floppy or trade it's part 7 pages 2 and 3 I found--RED ALERT RED ALERT EASTER EGG SPOILERS AHEAD USE CAUTION SPOILERS AHEAD WATCH THE :censored: OUT --Mario from Super Mario Brohams, Bam Bam from The Flinstones, a Shrek head from Shrek, one of those wind up bombs from Super Mario, Sponge Bob and three others. One looked like a little baseball player money bank or toy maybe it had what looked like a helmet maybe. Some thingerjabob just above and to the left of the wind up bomb. Then ya see a girl firing a gun on the bottom of page 2 or the left page is a thing to the right of the explosion next to the gun it looks like it has rabbit ears and is smiling.

Yes I'm being serious. All those things are on page 2 except Sponge Bob is on 3.

:news: I found more!

I found 2 more in the 2 page spread of Black Summer part 7 in the trade, pages 2 and 3. Tweety on the bottom of page 2 and some character with short pink hair on page 3.

Next one is Black Summer part 5 in the trade, page 4 all the way at the top in the middle there is 3 red things. The red thing on the left looks like a character I don't recognize.

Flipped through Wolverine trade issues 1-6 real quick and didn't catch anything but I did remember why I stopped reading. It's ok it's just not for me.

:idea:

Like Felix the cat on the McFarlane ASM covers.

Got it

I didn't know about the ASM covers but I know Felix was hidden in all or most of the old spawn issues that Todd drew.

Maybe it wasn't just the covers.. 1st pages maybe. (shrug)

I don't remember. Someone here I'm sure knows.

Yes, Todd drew Felix within almost all of his ASM issues and he would hide a spider on almost all of the covers. Augie's Pipeline column has been going over all of Todd's issues and pointing out these hidden items. The Comics Should Be Good easter eggs column is fantastic for this stuff.

I love Ryp's work though. Here's some of his work:

http://www.comicvine.com/juan-jose-ryp/4040-42349/