• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First pictures of Doctor Doom from the new FF movie leaked

107 posts in this topic

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

I cannot wait to see the trailer for "The Mummy in the Iron Mask".

Awesome.

They're finally making a live action ThunderCats movie and this is Mumm-Ra! :applause:

149583.jpg.cd170c2c47231f72839633555e26eb4e.jpg

It's probably going to be majorly CGI'd and might involve a transformation type period Doom is in.

I'm not hoping for failure and I was the opposite...I was someone who wanted FF to succeed by spending my money on FF 1 - 4 comics....I was banking on them rebooting it with a better direction.

However all the news leading up to this thread has been so bad from a FF fan perspective. My only conclusion is this reboot is going to be a major stinker.

I sold my FF comics for the most part due this by the way. It just sickens me to be honest. I don't want to see the FF become the dog of the Marvel Universe. :(

I agree, and it is really was bummer to see them screw it up so badly on the first two movies.

I've said it many times, an animated feature would be the way to go. Aim it at kids and use one of the old SA storylines to appease the comic nerds.

Boys would love Torch & Thing. Girls would love Sue. Reed is Reed, but his powers wouldn't seem so cheesy in animation. They could go cosmic style story and the animation is good enough now that it would look great.

Maybe it's too much like The Incredibles to try it? (shrug)

It's probably going to be majorly CGI'd and might involve a transformation type period Doom is in.

I'm not hoping for failure and I was the opposite...I was someone who wanted FF to succeed by spending my money on FF 1 - 4 comics....I was banking on them rebooting it with a better direction.

However all the news leading up to this thread has been so bad from a FF fan perspective. My only conclusion is this reboot is going to be a major stinker.

I sold my FF comics for the most part due this by the way. It just sickens me to be honest. I don't want to see the FF become the dog of the Marvel Universe. :(

I've been putting together a 1-12 run for my personal collection. While this movie has never been appealing, I never thought that the books had spiked in prices because of it nor do I think the market will be hit because of it either. As the first Marvel family, their collectivity status will always remain high for many people. If FF5 goes down because of it, I'll be happy.

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

Sure Marvel changed the look of the characters. Right about the time they started working on the GOTG movie. Just like they are doing now with the Inhumans.

and what is wrong with Johnny Storm in the new movie? Making Sue and Johnny brother and sister via adoption, etc. isn't that huge of a change as long as they are still brother and sister.

In the first two movies, Chris Evans made a great Johnny Storm IMHO.

The Silver Surfer and voiced by Laurence Fishburne was great too.

...Everything else...Not so much. Why you would have a short guy in a rubber suit and not CGI the heck out of the THING is beyond me...

I am usually a wait-and-see guy but this one has me genuinely worried for the FF's future movie prospects.

...I think even if it bombs, Marvel will have to pry the FF loose from Fox's cold, dead hands.

I've been putting together a 1-12 run for my personal collection. While this movie has never been appealing, I never thought that the books had spiked in prices because of it nor do I think the market will be hit because of it either. As the first Marvel family, their collectivity status will always remain high for many people. If FF5 goes down because of it, I'll be happy.

I definitely agree and I still have a special place in my heart for the early FF run. They are amazing reads and were great books. For me, I wanted something more in line with how the movies were going. That's just me.

The sole reason I am hoping for failure is that this sounds like it will be terrible and rather than have a series of bad movies I would rather have one movie that fails on a Biblical scale and causes them to surrender the rights rather than lose money making more of them.

The sole reason I am hoping for failure is that this sounds like it will be terrible and rather than have a series of bad movies I would rather have one movie that fails on a Biblical scale and causes them to surrender the rights rather than lose money making more of them.

GOTG sounded terrible to many people too and look how that turned out. :whistle: It was being tauted as Marvel's first misstep.

For example, I remember people complaining about the music in the trailers. Worst music ever according to some. Now the GOTG soundtrack is #1 on the billboard chart.

I get it. We are on the CGC boards. It's our job to complain about movies until they are released. Once they hit the theater and are surprisingly decent, then we praise them for how terrific they are.

GOTG sounded terrible to many people too and look how that turned out. :whistle: It was being tauted as Marvel's first misstep.

For example, I remember people complaining about the music in the trailers. Worst music ever according to some. Now the GOTG soundtrack is #1 on the billboard chart.

I get it. We are on the CGC boards. It's our job to complain about movies until they are released. Once they hit the theater and are surprisingly decent, then we praise them for how terrific they are.

to be fair, I think there's still many people who think that 70-80's music is the worst ever.

I knew nothing about GOTG to form an opinion of the movie before it was released.

After seeing it, I loved it and am excited to read back issues.

I didn't have any idea about GOTG. FF on the other hand is a iconic marvel team. The comparison to these two movies and their Marvel history aren't close.