• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First pictures of Doctor Doom from the new FF movie leaked

107 posts in this topic

I knew nothing about GOTG to form an opinion of the movie before it was released.

After seeing it, I loved it and am excited to read back issues.

I didn't have any idea about GOTG. FF on the other hand is a iconic marvel team. The comparison to these two movies and their Marvel history aren't close.

How can we even compare the movies? One of them hasn't even come out yet. (shrug)

I'm talking about comparing the back history of GOTG and FF. GOTG wasn't even a third tier group...I'm a big comic guy and I didn't know a think about them.

That's what i'm saying. Expectations for an FF movie are much higher due to the historical place.

I cannot wait to see the trailer for "The Mummy in the Iron Mask".

Awesome.

They're finally making a live action ThunderCats movie and this is Mumm-Ra! :applause:

A live action Thundercats movie would be pretty epic :applause:

If someone were to novelize Star Wars (not that it hasn't been done already) and Luke Skywalker was revealed to not be Leia's brother after all (say, because the writer thought their kiss was "way icky"), thus changing a major thematic element of the story, would you be able to ignore it?

If someone wrote a book about, say, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and in it, Indy fires that rocket, thus blowing up the ark...would you think that was perfectly acceptable?

What if Dorothy from Kansas was really a nasty person_without_enough_empathy?

What if Aladdin raped Jasmine?

What if Rudy never made the team?

Would it be a good story? Maybe. Would it be the SAME story? No. And if you can't create the same story...and let's not be silly and say "oh, you mean word for word??"...but the same story, without changing anything....just tell your OWN story.

After all...it's not like you can't use characters from others that have gone before, in wholly original work...just stay true to that character and his/her motives, intent, goals, etc.

It's not that hard.

Peace,

Chip

while it's interesting to see what people said about GOTG when it was first announced, the director's take on the movie is what has me worried. Didn't he say in an interview that he told the actors not to read the books etc.

Furthermore, the idea that a movie studio is going to give up movie rights because of a bomb is a longshot. Comics movies are making a killing. People just need to accept that unless Marvel/Disney buy out these companies, that FF, X-Men and ASM will not be part of the MARVEL universe.

Marvel studios seems confident they have enough characters that they don't need those franchises for now.

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

Sure Marvel changed the look of the characters. Right about the time they started working on the GOTG movie. Just like they are doing now with the Inhumans.

and what is wrong with Johnny Storm in the new movie? Making Sue and Johnny brother and sister via adoption, etc. isn't that huge of a change as long as they are still brother and sister.

What is wrong is that is an unnecessary change. Blow up 800 issues of continuity just on a whim.

Its stupid.

If they are going to change all the characters, why even make the FF movie? Why not just make a different movie and then you can cast whoever you want. I will never go see it and never purchase the DVD.

I believe they are rushing this movie to obtain the film rights

That is the bottom line

I wonder what would happen if they cancelled the film… Would the rights instantly revert back or did they buy enough time to be fine for the foreseeable future?

I know it won't ever happen because they've already spent a lot of money on the film, but I can dream, right?…

Once a film gets green lighted its like a juggernaut that cant be stopped.

Even if everyone knows its gonna fail it still can't be stopped.

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

Sure Marvel changed the look of the characters. Right about the time they started working on the GOTG movie. Just like they are doing now with the Inhumans.

and what is wrong with Johnny Storm in the new movie? Making Sue and Johnny brother and sister via adoption, etc. isn't that huge of a change as long as they are still brother and sister.

What is wrong is that is an unnecessary change. Blow up 800 issues of continuity just on a whim.

Its stupid.

If they are going to change all the characters, why even make the FF movie? Why not just make a different movie and then you can cast whoever you want. I will never go see it and never purchase the DVD.

Are you this upset that the director of GOTG says Peter Quill's dad won't be the same as his dad in the comic? That James Rhodes is a military man in the movie and not Tony's pilot? Sam Wilson is a military man? SHIELD is responsible for forming the Avengers? The Mandarin is a two-bit actor? Thor was never Donald Blake? I could go on and on with the changes Marvel studios has made to the characters. Why did they bother making those movies if they are not going to remain 100% faithful to what was printed, correct?

All those Marvel movies were horrible, correct?

If it's a disaster they skip the theater and go straight to DVD (or maybe TV).

Its stupid.

Are you this upset that the director of GOTG says Peter Quill's dad won't be the same as his dad in the comic? That James Rhodes is a military man in the movie and not Tony's pilot? Sam Wilson is a military man? SHIELD is responsible for forming the Avengers? The Mandarin is a two-bit actor? Thor was never Donald Blake? I could go on and on with the changes Marvel studios has made to the characters. Why did they bother making those movies if they are not going to remain 100% faithful to what was printed, correct?

Fox has already delivered two FF movie abortions, they have no built in goodwill and no reason to expect the public will not be skeptical of the next one.

If it's a disaster they skip the theater and go straight to DVD (or maybe TV).

Yep

Sometimes the film can sink an entire studio-Heaven's Gate...

Its stupid.

Fox has already delivered two FF movie abortions, they have no built in goodwill and no reason to expect the public will not be skeptical of the next one.

When you say public, you mean the CGC boards correct? Because if I recall, the first FF movie was successful enough for a sequel. And while the sequel didn't exceed the original's gross, it didn't exactly bomb. I doubt the "public" is sitting around worried about whether or not Johnny Storm in the next movie is adopted or not.