• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay buyer protection question

9 posts in this topic

I am looking at a book on ebay that I would like to buy, but I am worried about the seller's low feedback. His feedback is all positive, and he has sold some relatively high dollar books, but he has only sold 25 total items.

If I buy and pay through paypal (from bank account: I don't have credit cards)and he sends me a box full of rocks:

Will I have difficulty getting my money back?

How Long will it take?

Thank you for any input (thumbs u

Ebay pretty much always takes the buyer's side (sometimes unfortunately). If you go through ebay and pay with paypal and can prove you sent the item back (deliv conf number/tracking) they'll TAKE your money back if the seller doesn't give it up. Take pics of the box and address when it arrives and of the contents if its not what you ordered....that'll help too.

I'm not real big on buying high dollar books from low feedback sellers. If I'm looking for a book in a specific grade, I'll do a WTB thread here.

If I'm looking for a book in a specific grade and want to get it on a deal, I'll keep waiting for one to show up from a seller with more feedback. Peace of mind is worth more than the 10-15% you'll save on the book. You may get your money back, but you'll get no value out of the few months you get to be stressed out about it.

So does he have a total feedback of only 25, or only 25 as a seller? I only ask because I buy a lot more than I sell, so my total feedback is over 700, 100% positive, but I only have 4 feedback as a seller in the past year. (shrug) I've only recently tried to sell some stuff to refine the focus of my collection. I'd hate for someone to skip my auctions just because I'm more of a collector than dealer.

I am looking at a book on ebay that I would like to buy, but I am worried about the seller's low feedback. His feedback is all positive, and he has sold some relatively high dollar books, but he has only sold 25 total items.

If I buy and pay through paypal (from bank account: I don't have credit cards)and he sends me a box full of rocks:

How Long will it take?

Absolutely unrelated, but your post count and location at this exact moment is very cool.

:cloud9:

How Long will it take?

Absolutely unrelated, but your post count and location at this exact moment is very cool.

:cloud9:

Very Cool.

Good eye.

His total feedback is less than 50 and 25 of it is as a seller.

I think I am gonna just pass on it. It could be a good deal, but not that great that it would be worth any type of risk.

Let me know what it is - I might bite :wishluck: