• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Do People Think of this Distributor Coding?

23 posts in this topic

Code looks about right on it. The "smell test" (along with a few other tells) will certainly swing the answer one way or another pretty easily.

Thanks for the feedback on the code. That confirms that it's probably worth submitting the book to CGC to see what they think.

Do all "known" Mile Highs pass the smell test? It seems like most books would have absorbed other odors from their new environments considering how long ago the collection was broken up. (I recently sold the only raw Mile High I've ever owned, and I don't think it ever occurred to me to smell it, so I'm not a qualified sniffer.)

Code looks about right on it. The "smell test" (along with a few other tells) will certainly swing the answer one way or another pretty easily.

Thanks for the feedback on the code. That confirms that it's probably worth submitting the book to CGC to see what they think.

Do all "known" Mile Highs pass the smell test? It seems like most books would have absorbed other odors from their new environments considering how long ago the collection was broken up. (I recently sold the only raw Mile High I've ever owned, and I don't think it ever occurred to me to smell it, so I'm not a qualified sniffer.)

Most Mile Highs early on were bought & sold in groups, so their smell was intact. I'm sure there are many stragglers that no longer smell like the others do.

Out of curiosity, what does a church book smell like?

Like a box of crayons.