• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

Based on the new post the only person who should be upset is the guy who tried to do the cash/trade deal.

Instead of getting cute he should have paid the $300 and walked away with the book.

So negotiating is 'getting cute' now?

Based on the new post the only person who should be upset is the guy who tried to do the cash/trade deal.

Instead of getting cute he should have paid the $300 and walked away with the book.

Bobs right Kav.Instead of trying make deals,he should have bought the book outright in the first place.Then we wouldn't have to deal with this stupid thread. lol

Negotiating when you know that FF #45 is a hot new movie book and that if it is a VF+ and sells for $925 graded is "getting cute". Why negotiate? Making $500+ isn't enough? You got to rub it in a little more? Why?

Negotiating when you know that FF #45 is a hot new movie book and that if it is a VF+ and sells for $925 graded is "getting cute". Why negotiate? Making $500+ isn't enough? You got to rub it in a little more? Why?

You're assuming the book is VF+

One guy says it is, one guy says it isn't

cause $550-$600 is more. Some collectors want meat on the bone likea turkey bone not a quail bone:baiting:

A deal is never a deal until both parties agree.

I agree with Bob, if he paid the 300$ ( sticker price) instead of lowballing with a trade offer of 200$, he would have ended up with the FF45.

Just for the record, after Venom came back and we told him we do no longer wish to sell him the copy at 300$ we told him we felt it was worth 700$-800$.

He offered 300$ + the New Mutants 98 in VF/NM , which is a 450$-500$ value.

And we agreed just to make things fair for everyone.

A deal is never a deal until both parties agree.

I agree with Bob, if he paid the 300$ ( sticker price) instead of lowballing with a trade offer of 200$, he would have ended up with the FF45.

Just for the record, after Venom came back and we told him we do no longer wish to sell him the copy at 300$ we told him we felt it was worth 700$-800$.

He offered 300$ + the New Mutants 98 in VF/NM , which is a 450$-500$ value.

And we agreed just to make things fair for everyone.

That actually sounds like a good deal to me! Did Venom go for that deal?

cause $550-$600 is more. Some collectors want meat on the bone likea turkey bone not a quail bone:baiting:

If a turkey bone is spending $300 to make $500+ than I believe that would be ostrich bone.

Well to be fair you weren't at the booth for the initial talks and you priced a raw book at slab prices-that doesn't look good

Raw books and slabbed books sell for similar prices all the time. There is no delineating line.

The tighter the grading of the dealer who is selling the book, the more he is going to get for his book.

I'm not sure I buy that. Raw comics in roughly the same grade always sell for less except the really hot books. They get close in price in only when the book is in high demand. My 2c