• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should be interesting...and expensive!!!!!!!!

92 posts in this topic

I think somebody's going to eventually buy it at that price. We'll see what happens... I have to admit, even when i think he's high, a lot of those books I thought were high eventually sold at basically what he was looking to get.

The seller is less than happy with my last post, so I apologize for repeating in this thread what he wrote in his email to me. He did not ask me to keep it under my hat, but I guess I shouldn't have passed the info along without running it by him first.

I WAS surprised by the veiled insult which with he concluded his last email to me, but hey, sticks and stones...

He sends an email to you, he no longer owns it. You were free to do with the email as you wished.....If i send an email, it's NOT private.....

The seller is less than happy with my last post, so I apologize for repeating in this thread what he wrote in his email to me. He did not ask me to keep it under my hat, but I guess I shouldn't have passed the info along without running it by him first.

I WAS surprised by the veiled insult which with he concluded his last email to me, but hey, sticks and stones...

He sends an email to you, he no longer owns it. You were free to do with the email as you wished.....If i send an email, it's NOT private.....

A matter of law, IMHO. Many companies place "confidentiality" messages at the bottom of e-mails---are they wrong?

A matter of law, IMHO. Many companies place "confidentiality" messages at the bottom of e-mails---are they wrong?

Like I said, if he'd given me any hint that he wanted me to keep the info to myself, I would have.

The CGC 9.6 DC 100 Page Super Spectacular SOLD at $1300. Guess Al wasn't that crazy after all.... and a number of other 100 pagers and the SS #4 9.6 also sold near their asking price... so I guess the initial price predictions about this book were under estimating the value. Perhaps some of you feel $1300 is too much for the DC #6, but to me, if the book sells for $600 in 9.4, basically double the 9.4 price isn't that much for a 9.6 as other books sell in greater multiples... and it is a 100 pager.

The auction listing said it was ended early, do you know that it actually sold at $1,300? I don't think the price is all that unreasonable as I don't expect many more to surface anytime soon. Looks like you're hanging in there on the 9.2!

I am hanging on... and I'm pretty sure that the book sold at or around $1300. I won't win the 9.2 most likely, but the truth is, I'm more looking for mid grades for the time being -- mostly so I can just aquire more of the 100 pagers I want. Maybe VFs or in that area on some books. Incidentally, I'm basing my knowledge on the fact that Al was pretty firm on the price of that book, and I really felt $1300 was fair to begin with given it's a 9.6 -- so I can't imagine him coming very far off that number.

I actually like looking through the 100 pagers so while I like them in HG I also like the idea of actually being able to look through them.