• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 27 CGC 9.2 on the census

91 posts in this topic

Allentown is a 9.4/9.6 and will not come to public arena for a long time.

Wow. That Allentown story is pretty cool. I can't imagine what that Tec 27 or Cap 1 looks like.

cap1-636x1024.jpg

:applause:

Question

What would be standard protocol here for the grading process if you're the owner of a 9.2 TEC 27?

I assume the Owner walked it through. Would it be absolutely expected and acceptable for the Owner to be present during the entire grading process? And even so far as to be the one to turn the pages and not let CGC even touch the book?

I don't think I could have the book graded any other way and I'm certainly not letting it out of my sight! :sumo:

The question now remains. How long ago was the book graded and did it hit the census only because of the AC1 sale ?

You think they would withhold such a book indefinitely/until the owner said ok?

Why not? They did it with the last 9.0 Action 1.

Huh...

I always figured everything that they had graded had been added to the census.

Seems like that would be the way to go. They could keep the owner anonymous of course, but what good is the census if it's not recording all their slabs? Especially when they have the capability to do so?

Question

What would be standard protocol here for the grading process if you're the owner of a 9.2 TEC 27?

I assume the Owner walked it through. Would it be absolutely expected and acceptable for the Owner to be present during the entire grading process? And even so far as to be the one to turn the pages and not let CGC even touch the book?

I don't think I could have the book graded any other way and I'm certainly not letting it out of my sight! :sumo:

No kidding Tom. :eek:

Question

I assume the Owner walked it through. Would it be absolutely expected and acceptable for the Owner to be present during the entire grading process?

good question.

Question

I assume the Owner walked it through. Would it be absolutely expected and acceptable for the Owner to be present during the entire grading process?

good question.

They don't let non-employees into the grading room. You basically wait outside.

That's what insurance is for.

Question

good question.

Thanks.

Question

good question.

Seriously? They wouldn't make an exception for a 7-figure book? What's insurance on a $3M book? They tear the cover and they're gonna write you a check for a $500K devaluation? :screwy: Highly doubtful I would say...

Question

good question.

Seriously? They wouldn't make an exception for a 7-figure book? What's insurance on a $3M book? They tear the cover and they're gonna write you a check for a $500K devaluation? :screwy: Highly doubtful I would say...

You can call CGC and ask them.

I'm just stating what I think protocol is.

They can't grade a book if they don't have it in hand. (shrug)

I'm always amazed by Golden Age books 9.0 +.

Really? I'm always amazed by how many there are.

If you look at pulps in comparison, even from the late 1930s and 1940s, the number of high grade copies is just a tiny tiny fraction of the number of high grade comics.

Question

lol