• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you believe it? 2005 already!!

49 posts in this topic

Here's what we have to look forward around the year 2100.

The Lincoln Memorial replaced by the Fxjkhr Memorial, commemorating our 60th president. Statue of a horrible alien eating a human, with a pile of skulls at his feet.

[From Futurama Episode 2ACV03]

677996-Futurama_Fxjkhr.jpg

Insert Bush joke here: _______________________.

677996-Futurama_Fxjkhr.jpg.2ce71024645822ff8fcfc36e9709efc9.jpg

its 2005, and we STILL havent agreed to a name for this furshlugginer decade! Not US, I mean the press etc. Ive always like the Oughts and think it will get the nod because thats what they did a hundred years ago. the 0-0s, the zeros, etc all sound too silly. ANd a name has to be selected soon cause pretty soon there will start to be "Best of" lists, right? I mean the decade is half over already (or not, I know, lets not go there) 27_laughing.gif

its 2005, and we STILL havent agreed to a name for this furshlugginer decade! Not US, I mean the press etc. Ive always like the Oughts and think it will get the nod because thats what they did a hundred years ago. the 0-0s, the zeros, etc all sound too silly. And a name has to be selected soon cause pretty soon there will start to be "Best of" lists, right? I mean the decade is half over already (or not, I know, lets not go there) 27_laughing.gif

I like Oughts as well. Although in financial circles, they are using the term "oh-five" for 2005.

I remember in the The Music Man, Harold Hill claimed to be a "professor" of music and a graduate of the Gary, Indiana University in the gold medal class of "ought-five" (1905).

The prefix "O" as in "O-five" seems to have become the norm for referencing a given year. As for naming the current decade, I'm guessing we will do what we did for the first decade of the last century and just refer to it as "the beginning of the century", except in text situations where it will just be refered to as the "00s", or the grammatically incorrect but more popular "00's".

If you're a Doctor Who fan (like myself), then we've still got the Dalek Invasion to look forward to in the 21st Century. The Daleks are supposed to enslave the human race, and make them excavate/core the earth for its precious metals. Hey, as long as they don't touch my comic collection, I'm not gonna. I guess I should be thankful that the CGC case is made of plastic and not metal. thumbsup2.gif

dalekrobot.gif