• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you believe it? 2005 already!!

49 posts in this topic

I was writing stuff down yesterday and added a date in January. And as I typed the numerals 2 0 0 5 - - I just sat there and stared at the screen. How did this happen? Are we REALLY entering the year 2005?? Thats a year that only exists in science fiction stories. Not only that, cause Im not deluded I know what year we are in, but was 2000 actually FIVE whole years ago already? Seems like yesterday.

Thats just scary! Time just keeps slipping by while youre not paying attention..

yeah... there was a lot of fuss 'back then' at how far into the 'future' we had all come. Now thats 21 years ago. I know this is one of those things you never think about, but when you do, it just stops you in your tracks. Like thinking about how it all began, or if it did? or "whats out there?, or realizing just how tiny and unimportant we and our entire solar system (and galaxy) are in the grand scheme of reality...... ooops, there I go again. stop me before I disappear into my own navel!

I was writing stuff down yesterday and added a date in January. And as I typed the numerals 2 0 0 5 - - I just sat there and stared at the screen. How did this happen? Are we REALLY entering the year 2005?? Thats a year that only exists in science fiction stories. Not only that, cause Im not deluded I know what year we are in, but was 2000 actually FIVE whole years ago already? Seems like yesterday.

Thats just scary! Time just keeps slipping by while youre not paying attention..

confused.gif

I feel your pain!

As a kid 2001: A Space Odyssey was the ultimate vision of the future. I thought we'd be living like that! Now I feel like I probably will never get to space, ever. We haven't gone to Mars (manned mission), much less Jupiter, and 2001 is coming up on... a looong time ago...

sorry.gif

Hey! This is the year that "Transformers: The Movie" takes place!

It's 11 years since Robocop was supposed to have occured. 893whatthe.gif

I still remember watching "Thundar the Barbarian" as a kid in the early 80's, where the civilized world was supposed to end in the year 1994. That's already 10 years ago.

Hey! This is the year that "Transformers: The Movie" takes place!

It's 11 years since Robocop was supposed to have occured. 893whatthe.gif

That's ok, The Robinsons took off in the Jupiter 2, and got Lost in Space 7 years ago 893applaud-thumb.gif

I still remember watching "Thundar the Barbarian" as a kid in the early 80's, where the civilized world was supposed to end in the year 1994. That's already 10 years ago.

I freakin' loved that show. Hard to believe it lasted for 21episodes.

Here is THE Thundarr site...

Thundarr Site

yay.gifPlay Me! yay.gif

If you're a Doctor Who fan (like myself), then we've still got the Dalek Invasion to look forward to in the 21st Century. The Daleks are supposed to enslave the human race, and make them excavate/core the earth for its precious metals. Hey, as long as they don't touch my comic collection, I'm not gonna. I guess I should be thankful that the CGC case is made of plastic and not metal. thumbsup2.gif

If you're a Doctor Who fan (like myself), then we've still got the Dalek Invasion to look forward to in the 21st Century. The Daleks are supposed to enslave the human race, and make them excavate/core the earth for its precious metals. Hey, as long as they don't touch my comic collection, I'm not gonna. I guess I should be thankful that the CGC case is made of plastic and not metal. thumbsup2.gif

comic Staples are metal..

No Staple no comic!