• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Machine

9 posts in this topic

Black Canary on Arrow, Caity Lotz, stars in a movie I never heard of: 'The Machine'. Just watched it on Netflix and was both surprised and impressed.

The storyline was pure 'comic book' sci fi, very well done for whatever budget they had. And those waiting for Blade Runner 2, it may help tide you over.

Anyway, I love movies that somehow fly completely under the radar and then surprise the hell out of you. The Machine is one of those.

the-machine-poster-e1394204958303.jpg

THEMACHINE_2858659b.jpg

Thanks. I may have to check this out. hm

If you do, come back with your review afterward. :wishluck:

I'll say this...they may have used a body-double for Caity Lotz in some scenes, hard to tell, but yeah, great casting on her part. Being able to pull off a body-type that conveys "designed, manufactured, machined" is no small thing. They can't be "too" anything, or you lose that sense of perfect/artificial symmetry of an android.

Just watching a body-type like that move around on screen is worth the price of admission. All grace and physicality, along with the unnerving sense she could snap you like a twig. A tough performance, and she nailed it.

themachine3%25255B4%25255D.jpg

I am not familiar with her or her work. If I can actually get some time to myself this weekend, I'll watch and bring back an opinion.Your description makes it sound worthwhile.

She looks like a blonde Lara Croft in that pic, lol. (that's not a bad thing)