• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from CGC today!!!!! Take a guess and see PGM Detective 35

66 posts in this topic

CGC Grader 1 to CGC Grader 2: "So, uh...what do you think of the page quality of this detective comics 35?"

CGC Grader 2 to CGC Grader 1: "I don't know. Better ask Brown ( CGC Grader 3)"

CGC Grader 1 to Encapsulation Department: "Brown it is!"

This kinda reminds of the the old UPS motto "What can Brown do for you."

lol

So they flipped the bottom corner? I wonder what they would have said if it tore off...

I actually flipped the bottom corner, in my opinion the paper was strong enough to handle it. As for the brown meaning brittle, it is not true. I read the book when I first purchased the comic and there were no problems with the pages except the detached cover. I e-mailed CGC and am awaiting a response.

So they flipped the bottom corner? I wonder what they would have said if it tore off...

I actually flipped the bottom corner, in my opinion the paper was strong enough to handle it. As for the brown meaning brittle, it is not true. I read the book when I first purchased the comic and there were no problems with the pages except the detached cover. I e-mailed CGC and am awaiting a response.

:wishluck:

If my reading is correct and the entire front cover is split from the back and detached I'm guessing it is fairly graded at 1.0. That said "Brown Pages" is definitely a head scratcher. Many thought they may be brittle from the appearance, but my guess is that with that appearance, but some suppleness to the pages they came up with a new page designation. (shrug)