• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday VintageComics!

82 posts in this topic

I am thinking that we should celebrate Roy's birthday all week. I mean I already wished him a Happy Birthday but I think we should have a...

ROY-A-PALOOZA

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

I am thinking that we should celebrate Roy's birthday all week. I mean I already wished him a Happy Birthday but I think we should have a...

ROY-A-PALOOZA

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

Strangely enough, with Montreal looming on the horizon this weekend that is what this week is feeling like. lol

When I met Lou 8 years ago (it's going to be 8 years tomorrow, Sept 9) she was celebrating her sister's birthday and I was celebrating mine. We were having dinner in the same place but in two separate parties.

She said it felt like someone tapped her on the shoulder and pointed me out to her.

Me being the dumb lug that I am, didn't notice her till later in the evening. She walked past me and my head bobbed up. I asked if she was leaving. She replied that she was simply going to the bathroom. I asked if she would come back and talk to me me. She said she would. I figured I'd never see her again as that was a common line that women often use to get away. lol

Over the years you have no idea what twists and turns your life is going to take. I had no idea I'd be marrying her. Early on in our relationship she read 'our' horoscope and it said in my 44th year that I would begin to put a greater priority on my relationships. I thought nothing of it and it sort of slipped away and became filed.

Strangely enough, I spent this past year re-evalutating everything, primarily all of my personal relationships. I didn't actually realize until about July that I was already well into my 44th year. We got married July 12th.

I just want to say thank you to all of you, my friends, my not so friendlies and even the neutral parties, for helping me realize that we are all in this together. We all play a role in this thing called life. Each and every one of us are playing a role whether we choose to believe it or not. Even greggy.

And thank you for wishing me a Happy Birthday.

R.