• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Important Money Order Question!!

6 posts in this topic

When sending a money order what do you guy do to insure it doesn't get lost? and if in the case what do you do about it?

If you are going to use money orders, you need to buy them from USPS. They are insured. If you are worried about the other party receiving the money order, then you can send it certified mail with a signature required and get a tracking number.

When sending a money order what do you guy do to insure it doesn't get lost? and if in the case what do you do about it?

If you are going to use money orders, you need to buy them from USPS. They are insured. If you are worried about the other party receiving the money order, then you can send it certified mail with a signature required and get a tracking number.

I only have canada post where I live

I recommend a bank money order or draft. If it gets lost or is not negotiated you can cancel the draft at your bank and have another issued. The bank can prove it was never negotiated. The bad news is I believe you have to wait 60 days before it can be cancelled.

I also recommend sending the money order/ draft in a trackable envelope, expedited via Canadapost.

I recommend a bank money order or draft. If it gets lost or is not negotiated you can cancel the draft at your bank and have another issued. The bank can prove it was never negotiated. The bad news is I believe you have to wait 60 days before it can be cancelled.

I also recommend sending the money order/ draft in a trackable envelope, expedited via Canadapost.

okay thanks I'll do that so if it gets lost with the bank I would be able to cancel it?

I only have canada post where I live

You can get a money order from Canada Post no problem. If the MO gets lost they will put a trace on it and after so many days (check with them to see what the time frame is) they will issue you a refund or a new money order.

If you want to ensure that the letter doesn't get lost then send it registered mail.