• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with feedback for shipping profitering

135 posts in this topic

All you whiners can go home to mommy now. poke2.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Yea, why should someone be upset that they were only overcharged by 100% on the shipping cost?

If it costs you $4.50 to ship a book, you shouldn't charge that person $10.

And if it costs $15 to ship a book to someone else, you shouldn't charge them $10 and then overcharge someone else $5 to make up for the difference. makepoint.gif

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Star Jones is probably your idea of a perfect woman, isn't she?

*See how not funny that is?

It took you six hours to come up with that? Stop watching so much Sally Jessie Raphael and try switching to Jerry Springer. Probably won't help, but it certainly couldn't hurt. foreheadslap.gif

I went to sleep, person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. Unlike you, I didn't sit there for 6 hrs hitting the refresh button waiting for a response. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I went to sleep, person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. Unlike you, I didn't sit there for 6 hrs hitting the refresh button waiting for a response. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's odd, because it seems like that's exactly what you were doing for half the night last night. Why in such a bad mood? Tivo broken and miss todays episode of Oprah? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's odd, because it seems like that's exactly what you were doing for half the night last night. Why in such a bad mood? Tivo broken and miss todays episode of Oprah? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, last night we were going back & forth so it's not exactly what I was doing for half the night last night. In this case, you just sat there for 6 hrs hitting the refresh button waiting for my inevitable reply. There's a difference.

I'm now convinced you're a shill. No one can be such a tool without deliberately trying so hard. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, last night we were going back & forth so it's not exactly what I was doing for half the night last night. In this case, you just sat there for 6 hrs hitting the refresh button waiting for my inevitable reply. There's a difference.

Coming into this thread to troll and then responding to all of my posts sure does look like you were hitting the refresh button waiting for my replies. Is this pretty much all you've done for what, nearly 10,000 posts now? 27_laughing.gif

in a 4.99 shipping and handling charge I break it down like this

$3.85 actual postage for United States Priority Mail

of the $1.14 I get difference,

usually 40 or so cents goes to paypal

and a minimum of 30 cents to list

plus the final value fee on ebay 2.5 % 15 cents plus

$1.14

-

----------

29 cents is what is left for handling.

Our auctions start out at .01 cent and usually sell anywheres from .01 cent to $36.00

Anything over 9.99 we usually send for free, and can fit up to 10 bagged and boarded comics in the priority envelope for the $3.85 poatage - ANYWHERE in the UNITED STATES FLAT RATE regardless of where in the U.S. you send it/them

Global Priority same circumstances, only $7.00 for Canada - and $9.00 for the rest of the world

actual postage no extra charges for handling -

$1.14

-

----------

Our auctions start out at .01 cent and usually sell anywheres from .01 cent to $36.00

Anything over 9.99 we usually send for free, and can fit up to 10 bagged and boarded comics in the priority envelope for the $3.85 poatage - ANYWHERE in the UNITED STATES FLAT RATE regardless of where in the U.S. you send it/them

Global Priority same circumstances, only $7.00 for Canada - and $9.00 for the rest of the world

Why not add the cost of your product,your rent and your complete overhead onto your shipping as well.Why should a buyer be responsible for your paypal fees or your final

values fee. Besides being against ebay rules,its strictly bs.Would you eat at a diner that sold a dinner for a price,but then added a fee to the bill to pay for its help? or charged you extra to use a CC?

As far as stuffing 10 comics with boards into a priority envelope.............. screwy.gif

$1.14

-

----------

Why not add the cost of your product,your rent and your complete overhead onto your shipping as well.Why should a buyer be responsible for your paypal fees or your final

values fee. Besides being against ebay rules,its strictly bs.Would you eat at a diner that sold a dinner for a price,but then added a fee to the bill to pay for its help? or charged you extra to use a CC?

As far as stuffing 10 comics with boards into a priority envelope.............. screwy.gif

In this seller's case, I tend to let a reasonable handling charge go, since this is the comics4kids charity seller... and as for 10 comics bagged and boarded in a priority mail envelope..it can be and has been done safely and securely in such a way to get the books from me to the buyer in same condition. If it was 10 pricey books, I'd opt for a box, but if I was catching someone up on their reading (I think I sent Joanna a slew of Teen Titans this way), I'd say the priority flat mail envelope would be the way to go smile.gif

Pretty impressed that this thread grew this much....You guys did know that it was a holiday weekend right? Anyway thanks to sewerrat for quoting most of the stuff that BOC posted since I mainly ignore his post, but didnt have to turn it off to get this flame war... thumbsup2.gifpopcorn.gif

$1.14

-

----------

In this seller's case, I tend to let a reasonable handling charge go, since this is the comics4kids charity seller... and as for 10 comics bagged and boarded in a priority mail envelope..it can be and has been done safely and securely in such a way to get the books from me to the buyer in same condition. If it was 10 pricey books, I'd opt for a box, but if I was catching someone up on their reading (I think I sent Joanna a slew of Teen Titans this way), I'd say the priority flat mail envelope would be the way to go smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

acclaim.gif Thank you Darth-ness smile.gif