• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I haven't purchased anything in months!

57 posts in this topic

I suggested these because the quite unique atmosphere Gruenwald manages to attain in the early Spider-Woman issues has some points in common with what Gerber did with the Son of Satan: try just to pick the storyline "Journey into himself": I consider it a small masterpiece.
Nice!

I haven't bought anything since July 1st. I allow $600 per month for comic book "investment". But I have decided to save it up and buy something expensive.

I have no idea what, yet. Just keeping an eye out on the auction web sites. I'd rather buy from here though, if something awesome comes along, and I am fast enough on the trigger finger. I pretty much only buy pedigreed CGC books any more.

To tell the truth. When I buy something now. It really has to scream to me, "BUY ME YOU IDJIT". Or I talk myself out of it. Guess I am losing my collecting thrill just a little.

It's kinda like sex, the longer you wait the better it is.When you give a starving man a rib bone,he'll think it's the best damn rib he ever ate. :D At least that's what my wife says. lol
Dave....

I'm sorry.

lol

It's kinda like sex, the longer you wait the better it is.When you give a starving man a rib bone,he'll think it's the best damn rib he ever ate. :D At least that's what my wife says. lol
Dave....

I'm sorry.

lol

10 years isn't so long? :insane:

I suggested these because the quite unique atmosphere Gruenwald manages to attain in the early Spider-Woman issues has some points in common with what Gerber did with the Son of Satan: try just to pick the storyline "Journey into himself": I consider it a small masterpiece.
Nice!

Another "must read" is Omega the Unknown (11 issues in all) – probably the one you might appreciate more if you love Spider-Woman. (thumbs u

IMG_5959.jpg

OTU3.jpg

:applause:

I congratulate you, sir, on your restraint. Nicely done.

You didn't read the first post. lol

Freaking out and not buying something is still commendable! That takes willpower, my friend.

I'm saving up for something really big.

Not what I originally planned on when I started saving, but the last month has changed my goals a little.

Something big??? ahh life size... Spider woman "cosplay" hm

OTU3.jpg

"The hottest slot in town"

"Beaten senseless in a boys' washroom"

What is this story about again? hm

There is very little to laugh about this story. It’s about how a story is supposed to be told, without resorting to unnecessary dialogue because you have nothing to say, like they do today. Or, even worse, make them vehicles for political correctness.

I think very few Marvel stories impressed me so much as a kid.

That’s because you want you readers in 9.6… :baiting:

I deeply love that series… :cloud9:

Omega was an awesome series. It's unfortunate it never had a proper conclusion as per Gerber and Skrenes.

Actually that’s what – in part – makes it so fascinating, IMO. :)

If you have never read them, there is a recent series ("Hard Time") published by DC under the Vertigo imprint, which is written by Gerber and his friend Mary Skrenes, and it shares some ideas with Omega, although the tone is deliberately more gloomy and somewhat starkly "down-to-earth" (like Gerber felt in late years), and aimed at an "adult" audience like the Vertigo titles – but not quite (Gerber is always Gerber).

It’s not comparable and a lot less fascinating than Omega, but worth reading.