• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best book to buy under $100??

15 posts in this topic

I always recommend that people buy what they like. What would be the point then right? Comics are supposed to be fun, so buy what you like. It is always good to do some research and establish an idea of what the average price paid for the book you want is and go from there.

For under $200....

X-Men 100 NM-(raw), X-men 108 in 9.4, x-men 109 in 9.4, Thor 126 in VF/NM(raw), Marvel Team-Up 1 in VF/NM raw, marvel spotlight 5 in VF/NM raw..I could go on..

all above would be better, in my opinion, than ASM 300 in 9.6...bu tthat's just me.

Tried to post this in the "General Forum" but it wouldn't let me. Someone may want to post it there.

From a Minneapolis online paper:

http://www.finance-commerce.com/recent_articles/030215a.htm

Vintage comics are more than funny business for investors

Looking for an alternative to the sagging stock market, some investors are turning to collectible comic books for a place to park their money.

By Monte Hanson/F&C Editor

February 15, 2003

(I tried to cut and paste the whole article here, but the stupid board filters kept inserting about 500 of these (”) into random areas of the story. mad.gif )

If you're talking about investment-wise (which I am assuming you are) my best advice is don't buy ONE book. Like any other investment, diversity is the key. There are many books you can get in great condition but ungraded in the 20-30 dollar range. I would stick to bronze age or older (guess that leads to another thread on when exactly the bronze age ended!) Marvel Premiere 15, Marvel Spotlight 5, Hero for Hire 1, etc... And stay away from the stuff that is currently the hot stuff like Daredevil and Hulk. If you are going to buy into them, wait a while. After the hype from the movies die down, the prices will too since all the speculators will be dumping merchandise. Just don't wait too long because the announcement of a second movie can always start another frenzy.