• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgm asm 361

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I bought some comics from a local guy who has a collection and I'm sure he way over graded on the comics he sold me

my opinion 9.2-9.4

his opinion 9.6

I'm thinking of getting this comic pressed and cleaned do you think that would help at all?

front

asm361front001.jpg

back

asm361back001.jpg

I can see it getting a 9.4, not sure it is worth getting it cleaned/ pressed/ graded as it is an extremely common issue in high grade and really only warrants a submission if it will for sure be a 9.8+ due to resale value of the book. IE you wont make any money doing all those things unless it is a 9.8-- just my opinion.

I can see it getting a 9.4, not sure it is worth getting it cleaned/ pressed/ graded as it is an extremely common issue in high grade and really only warrants a submission if it will for sure be a 9.8+ due to resale value of the book. IE you wont make any money doing all those things unless it is a 9.8-- just my opinion.

thanks I'll take that into consideration, so a submission get graded higher if the comic is more valuable?

He means that a book like this isn't going to justify the cost to press it, grade it and have it shipped multiple times unless you're sure it's a slam-dunk 9.8. If you put in that expense and then get back a slabbed 9.4, you would have spent much more than if you'd just bought a 9.4 copy already slabbed. (And personally, that value equation scares me off enough that I rarely submit my copper/modern books for any reason, as it seems like a real headache and more time and $ than I am willing to gamble. But others seem to have a good knack for it.)

Is that a tear bottom of back cover, in the red area?

He means that a book like this isn't going to justify the cost to press it, grade it and have it shipped multiple times unless you're sure it's a slam-dunk 9.8. If you put in that expense and then get back a slabbed 9.4, you would have spent much more than if you'd just bought a 9.4 copy already slabbed. (And personally, that value equation scares me off enough that I rarely submit my copper/modern books for any reason, as it seems like a real headache and more time and $ than I am willing to gamble. But others seem to have a good knack for it.)

Is that a tear bottom of back cover, in the red area?

yes actually it is I never noticed that before :( thanks for pointing that out :)