• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titans on TNT!!!!

47 posts in this topic

I wonder if when interest rises and speculators jump in if they will realize BB54 isn't the first appearance of the titans?

How is it not? Just because they're not called the Teen Titans on the cover? Is TTA #27 the first appearance of Ant-Man?

I wonder if when interest rises and speculators jump in if they will realize BB54 isn't the first appearance of the titans?

How is it not? Just because they're not called the Teen Titans on the cover? Is TTA #27 the first appearance of Ant-Man?

Have you read the books? If you read BB60 Robin tells Batman about the Teen Titans and tells him the Teen Titans is a group he created AFTER the events of BB54. Sure BB54 is an important book, but they are not the Teen Titans.

TV shows don't seem to drive collectibility/value the same way as movies do. I mean, Arrow is a pretty popular series, but there's not huge drive out there for early Green Arrow appearances.

Which is good, because I still need to get a Brave and the Bold #54 to finish up my Titans collection, and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

I think much of this depends on the character/show. I think Arrow is more the exception than the rule. Flash 139 for example is red hot. The book was a great one to begin with but after the pilot/trailer showed Professor Zoom, it's gotten a bit hotter.

Constantine show has increased the price of Swamp Thing 37 and Preacher issues are also high right now.

Have you read the books? If you read BB60 Robin tells Batman about the Teen Titans and tells him the Teen Titans is a group he created AFTER the events of BB54. Sure BB54 is an important book, but they are not the Teen Titans.

hm

You're kind of splitting hairs. (However, I read Brave and the Bold #60 years ago, so I don't really remember all the specifics.) But CGC lists it as the first appearance. Overstreet as well. So does that bastion of 100% correct facts, Wikipedia.

well it sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but I agree, splitting hairs. 54 sounds like the first time the characters in the team got together and did team like stuff together. They may have not been a team yet, but that's pretty darn close to the same thing

You're kind of splitting hairs. (However, I read Brave and the Bold #60 years ago, so I don't really remember all the specifics.) But CGC lists it as the first appearance. Overstreet as well. So does that bastion of 100% correct facts, Wikipedia.

I have no idea about the history of how it perpetuated, but it is wrong. I also doubt the market will ever change so it probably is splitting hairs at this point.

Here is the most important panel for reference.

brave-and-the-bold-060-0007_zps5fc26409.jpg

well it sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but I agree, splitting hairs. 54 sounds like the first time the characters in the team got together and did team like stuff together. They may have not been a team yet, but that's pretty darn close to the same thing

The thing about this is the team is not the same in BB60 as BB54. It has the addition of Wonder Girl. If BB54 is the first teen titans does that mean the first team up of Batman and Superman is the first Justice League? Another example, if BB54 is the first teen titans than surely Marvel Feature #1 is not the first Defenders.

TV shows don't seem to drive collectibility/value the same way as movies do. I mean, Arrow is a pretty popular series, but there's not huge drive out there for early Green Arrow appearances.

Which is good, because I still need to get a Brave and the Bold #54 to finish up my Titans collection, and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Arrow looks like a good show, I just could never get into it. Maybe because I started mid-series?

TV shows don't seem to drive collectibility/value the same way as movies do. .

Yeah, cause Walking Dead and Preacher are both dead in the water. :baiting:

No, but where was the boost from Arrow or Superman or SHIELD? Has Strange Tales #135 spiked that much?

TV shows don't seem to drive collectibility/value the same way as movies do. .

Yeah, cause Walking Dead and Preacher are both dead in the water. :baiting:

No, but where was the boost from Arrow or Superman or SHIELD? Has Strange Tales #135 spiked that much?

ST135 didn't do squat; at least my copy.