• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM New Mutants 98

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am debating if I should submit to CGC or sell and buy one CGC'd. any thoughts on grade. Pages are crisp white, front has some white spots on cover, can be see in black areas, not sure if it's from printing, any help is appreciated. Thanks

ca7d9a84-1018-40f0-bc48-abe724d28db4_zps122303bd.jpg

e17dcd66-ef2c-45a8-9d37-4e2b5278ad50_zps0ee80a48.jpg

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies, on the back pic that is not a tear on the bottom spine. It is actually small print line of a grayish/purplish ink from the front cover wrap, although there is a tiny touch of fuzz at the bottom back corner (shelf wear) I will try to post a close up pic later... Are the white spots on front cover in the black areas normal for this issue/ this era of marvel books, does it affect grade at all. Thanks again..

Gotcha. Then 9.4 is a safe bet IMHO - fuzzy corner and what appears to be manufacturing defect (spotting).

If the white spots are enough to affect visual appeal, then it is safe to say that it could adversely affect grade

I've seen a few raw NM 98 books with the white spotting/discolouration of the blacks and it ultimately depends on what has caused it.

If it is purely a manufacturing defect I shouldn't affect the grade too harshly (if at all). However if it has been caused by the cover leaching onto a poly bag etc and the ink has been removed then it will really knock down the grade of the book.

It's very difficult to tell from the images but I think subject to the cause it could easily achieve a 9.4-9.6

Good luck if you are planning on sending it in.